Does anybody here read Zecharia Sitchin?

by Waymores Ghost 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I loved von Daniken. Never believed a word of it but it was well-written and well-illustrated. It made for good sci-fi in other words. There were a few TV specials as well, and one TV movie I recall on the subject. The Babylon the Great has Fallen book wasn't as "Wacky" as the Revelation book we had to slog through in the early '90s. -- Leolaia

• mustang
    mustang

Ah, SITCHIN!!!! He has advanced some interesting hypothesis.

But he is not alone. Some feel that he has "fleshed out" the territory opened by Von Daniken. Others think that Sitchin/Von Daniken/Velikovsky are quite the triumvirate.

Sitchin pushed forward more material and expanded on the "ancient astronaut" platform that Von Daniken seems to have started. Others have said that "we are owned by someone else". In other words, we are a slave race. However, if you look closely, such people as Charles Fort have said things to this effect for many decades.

Sitchin has written the following books:

1976 SITCHIN, ZECHARIA THE 12TH PLANET

1980 SITCHIN, ZECHARIA THE STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN

1985 SITCHIN, ZECHARIA THE WARS OF GODS & MEN

1990 SITCHIN, ZECHARIA THE LOST REALMS

1990 SITCHIN, ZECHARIA GENESIS REVISITED

1993 SITCHIN, ZECHARIA WHEN TIME BEGAN

1995 SITCHIN, ZECHARIA DIVINE ENCOUNTERS

1998 SITCHIN, ZECHARIA THE COSMIC CODE

2002 SITCHIN, ZECHARIA THE LOST BOOK OF ENKI

There is some repetition, but each of the books also adds some new ground. For a "fast track tour", you could start with "Genesis Revisited". It recaps a lot of the material from the previous four. The Enki material is somewhat different from the rest, but may not yet be available in my preferred paperback medium

The Cosmic Code

discusses DNA; I am still reading Divine Encounters.

Again, Sitchin is not alone. Jack Barranger & Paul Tice have written a pamphlet that uses the term "pretender gods" to discuss religion. Their basic theme is that an advanced civilization came down and PRETENDED to be gods, invoked divinity and said DO AS WE SAY, WORSHIP & SLAVE FOR US OR ELSE. There may be something to this...

These two have some very interesting things to say about Yahweh/Jehovah and the "godship role". They put the "godship role" into the realm of scams and con-games.

2000 BARRANGER, JACK & PAUL TICE

Mysteries Explored : The Search for Human Origins, Ufos, and Religious Beginnings

Other books/pamphlets by Barranger & Tice

PAST SHOCK: The Origin of Religion and Its Impact on the Human Soul

The Legacy of Zecharia Sitchin

Jumpin' Jehovah : Exposing the Atrocities of the Old Testament God

Bramley said a lot of the same things in the "Gods of Eden". He invented the similar term "custodial gods".

Gods of Eden

by William Bramley

Notice that I do not pluralize the term god(s). This goes along with the thought that "there are gods and there are gods".

Notice the term "gods" in PLURAL!!!! A personal name of a SPECIFIC god could be capitalized initially, as "the God Baal", with God being a title. Or, it could be capitalized totally, as "the Great and Almighty GOD FRED", denoting some supergod.

(Here I will stop; I DON'T DO the tRINITY. As someone once put it, "I stay out of Arian/Trinitarian debates". Anybody who needs their daily fix of religious debate over mysterious and inexplicable identities should go elsewhere.)

The "SG Teams" of STARGATE SG-1 and their antagonists the "Goa'ulds" should be included into this thought process. The "Goa'ulds" are the epitome of the "pretender gods" or "custodial gods". However, the "Goa'ulds" are definitely malignant, contrasting to some of the more benign aspects one would hope for in a "godship system" or other type of overlord.

The term "overlord" brings back some recollections of earlier Science Fiction topics by Heinlein and the other early writers of this 50's/60's genre.

[Added:

Childhood's End
    by Arthur C. Clarke

is the one I am thinking about. The extraterrestrials were indeed called "The Overlords", I believe.]

This begs the question: is the Bible any more accurate than Science Fiction?

All told, there are schools of thought that the god(s) that we know of are from somewhere else, and are no more gods than we would be, if we were on one of Captain Kirk's "Away Teams".

And indeed, maybe this is a proper way of looking at things, as "the jury is still out" and who really knows

Mustang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit