Thinking of writing a letter

by jumper 14 Replies latest jw friends

• sis in distress
    sis in distress

The whole thread on this subject is here

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/60973/1.ashx

REPOST?FROM JT- YOU CAN CONTACT HIM IF YOU LIKE

let me share with you where this entire concept of "Dissassocation" came from and then you decide-

one of my mentors at bethel explained to a group of us young bucks how this came about his name is RP Johnson, he is known is the Service Dept as a "Troubleshooter"
    for the society, he will fly out to an area and remove entire bodies of elders and appoint men on THE SPOT AS ELDERS

he explained to us that it DA is the brainchild of the Legal Dept to enable the wt to be free of legal liablity

in many countries if a young man went to the army he would be hauled into a committee and dfed, well in some countries the gov views this judical action as forcing a citizen to renounce serving his country

so the society needed a way to get folks like that "He!! Out" without having to be libel

so the legal dept along with the service came up with this wonderful concept called DA - where one by letter or Actions- ( THAT HAVE BEEN DEFINED BY THE SOCIETY) would constitute grounds for classifying one as being DAed

so what they are now able to do is avoid having the elders take any ACTION such as calling you, setting up a committee meeting, meeting with the person again and then finally making a decision,

instead they are able to get you A$$ without having to lay a finger on you

in fact the society WANTS YOU TO SEND THAT LETTER-- o yea baby- they want you to send that letter

in fact they are going to continue to move wt violations over from DFing Status to DAed status in due to protecting them

in fact they have recently moved TRANSFUSION from DFing to DA,. the legal ramification is to great to have a sick person A BEING THREATEN WITH a Judical committee if they take the blood

it is viewed as coreicion- so instead now they simply find out you took blood and say

"She has DA herself by her action" case closed and the elders never had to touch the case, the society's service dept was never called about how to handle this case-

it's like big time drug dealers don';t haul drugs around in their car and they are always sitting at some Huge Party on thier yachts when Leroy is getting shot in the streets of /Detriot

yep they keep their hands clean- same with wt now

in fact from what i understand more and more issues will be moved over from DF to DA

so while for some it give them closure and that is good, for others they are not fully prepared for the backlash

each person must decide for themselves

When folks come to the net and mention they are concerned about how THEIR FAMILY WILL TAKE IT

to me that is a flag that DA might be something to consider latter

but if one comes here and says-- my folks, cousin, bro sister can kiss my "Black A$$"

then DA will have no affect on you

i tell folks to always make sure before you cut all ties and that is what DA often does due to the wt programming in its; memebers to view you as wicked-

the wt has programmed jw to react like an ATM Machine on the 3rd WRONG TRY with your PIN number it SHUTS DOWN

and that is how JW are programmed to act- if that will not bother you THEN GO FOR IT, BUT if at this point it will then hold up

personally since i know what the basis is for the wt asking for you to DA yourself i wouldn't waste the paper and stamp, but hey that just me-

we faded and it was the best way to go, for after a period of time you don't really give a Sh!t what they think

but more important in my view is you give yourself time to BUILD ANEW CLIENTE OF FRIENDS

and the reason why is that most former jw ONLY HAD JW friends and when one DA themselves and they have not built up a cliente of new friends a DEEP DEPRESSION SITS IN FAST

my wife and i used to have 20-30 former jw, dfed , da and just plain ole tired and wore out jw- smile

here at the house to help them make the transition to THE REAL WORLD and it ain';t easy

all im trying to say is WHY MAKE THE TRANSITION HARDER THAN IT HAS TO BE

So that is why i often recommend fading due to the fact that most persons are simply NOT PREPARED FOR THE BACKLASH

keep this in mind :

if you decide to fade and you get to that point where it matters not- you can always DA down the roadf

but once you DA, if you are not ready, YOU CAN NEVER GO BACK to Pre-DA days

so it often times revolves around the relationship with family and friends

by fading it made it possible to help others since according to THIER RULES THEY COULD STILL TALK TO YOU-

SO WE used to used it to Pose THINKING QUESTION if we had DA we would not even have been able to talk to them, if it matters not to you THEN GO FOR IT

but we were able to help my inlaws, mother, bro and sister to see

they knew i was very serious about this religion, elder, bethelite, and then all of a sudden i gave up ALL TITLE

so they wanted to know why AND WE started dropping seeds of questions

and in a couple of days my inlaws will be here in DC for some good times

just my 2

if yo like feel free to call me

here in DC---301-209-4629

or at

[email protected]

• sis in distress
    sis in distress

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/5574/66584

here is a good thread my friend on this subject as well and yes feel free to contact me

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

repost

One of the most painful things I continue to see here on this forum as well as all the others is that many who want to leave wt simply don't know how to leave and remain "Intact" as it were.

I recall talking with jw who "Formally Disassociated themselves back in the 70?s and it was not till the 90?s and the net did they finally feel free

or many who ?jump UP? and write a letter off to Mo Larry and Curly (CONGREGATION SERVICE COMMITTEE)

While I feel there is absolutely nothing wrong with writing a letter for many it is a matter of

1. Poor timing and
    2. not being prepared for what will follow

When I read of folks who wrote letters feeling bad or feeling that must ?meet? with the elders ? to me that means they were not ready AT THAT TIME.

The net is really the answer for all lurkers and those who are thinking about leaving ? why not Learn how to leave WT at least somewhat ?Intact?

Before writing a letter be sure to get the Pros and Cons of writing a letter- for me personally I wouldn?t waste the paper or stamp- but I fully understand for those who do ? there is no right or wrong ? should I send one or not

But more of a

1. When should I do this and
    2. How-

I highly recommend throwing it out here in the forum for suggestions- the reason why is simple

The avg. jw has so little understanding of the WT Corporate Procedures when it comes to how they deal with folks

Being Former ?Society Man? the rules and policies swallow up the avg. person

I recall seeing persons who are leaving spend weeks Xeroxing 40=50 pages of copies of wt history to ?Let the bro. know why?

They don?t give a RATS A$$ and once a person comes to understand that then they know how to proceed

Much like explaining Gravity to a 6 month old baby it means absolutely nothing-

Also understanding that the avg. Joe blow elder is as much a victim as we were

What I have seen here on the net is how some of the most condemning folks ( she got low hours can?t be too spiritual)

( she can pioneer her hubby make s enough money) etc myself INCLUDED ? once we learn the truth about the truth

we feel so bad about how we treated others when we were in the Org-

I look back at some of the judicial cases that we handled and being a Society Man I went by the BOOK?

VERY LITTLE feeling for the ?Individual person? GOT TO KEEP THE ORG CLEAN-

SO FOR me know I only hope that all the folks I dealt with in an unloving way can forgive me for it was done out of ignorance and being blinded.

So for any who want to get out--------- please and I beg of you feel free to ask here on the forum what things you need to consider so when you decided to make your move ? you can LEAVE INTACT

JAMES

"I'd rather have questions I can't answer than questions I can't ask (or answers I can't question)."

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Jumper,

I tried to fade. I did get my entire family and a couple of friends out first. Then, circumstances changed and after my being away three years, the Watchtower legal department forced a decision with the urging of the local Elders. At that point, I choose to write a letter disassociating myself. I wanted the last act to be mine. They left my family alone. Getting me was enough for them.

Some ex-JWs like to force the Elders to Disfellowship them, because their view is that they want the act t be that of the Elders ... kind of saying that the fault is with the organization. Either way, it is your call. Its about six of one and half a dozen of the other. However ...

By technically remaining a JW by not being DA's or DF'd, you always have some chance that certain relatives will cave in a little, and seek to associate with you. You're being still officially a JW will allow that first step. It is worth it to hold out if you can. Also, the secret Elder manual specifically allows association with you. So, if possible, I recommend hanging in there. Either way, there is no shame. The important thing is how you feel about it, and how you actions line up with your personal views and values.

Jim Whitney

• Schizm
    Schizm

Jim,

and YOU condemn the WTS for its usage of theocratic war strategy? do you know what people normally call your doing so?

Skiz

• anglise
    anglise

My reasoning is

I didnt write a letter to join the dubs and I sure as hell am not going to write one to leave.

Anglise

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit