How to reply when someone asks about your spiritual health

by RodrigoGuerreiro 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I had to answer this question when I started fading, here is what I said:

Lately, I’ve spent much time meditating on the scriptures and the words of Jesus and it prompted to bring some serious changes. Now, I spend more time acting on my beliefs rather than simply talking about them.

For instance, I spend more time with my family and am closer to my kids than I was before. I also find myself much closer to my extended family and realize that I was not there enough for them. Hence, it is with great joy that I have been taking much greater care of them lately.

With the time I have left, I have helped my neighbors with some maintenance activities. Also, one other thing that I found lately is that there is a certain degree of spiritual fulfilment in my secular job. What I mean is that now, I am a whole lot more mindful of the impact my work activities have on others’ lives. Considering that most of our time is actually spent at work (for anyone who works full time), this is not a small “spiritual enlightenment”.

So, yeah, I feel that spiritually, I have grown exponentially lately. But you don’t go to meetings anymore! Yeah, well, I have done that for over 30 years. I wanted to try what I am doing now for the next little while and we’ll see. So far, I am very happy with the results.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How to reply when someone asks about your spiritual health

Image result for piss off

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

"How's your spiritual health?"

"Thanks for asking! My spiritual health is so good, if it was any better I'd be in heaven! How's yours?"

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Ever since I had a spiritual enema I've felt great!!

• undercover
    undercover

"How's your spiritual health?"

"It's fine. Why do ask?"

Answer a question with a question. The intent of their question isn't to get a straight answer, it's to put you ill at ease. Why would they ask that... they must know something... So, don't give them that opportunity. Put the pressure back on them. In essence you're saying, 'why would you ask that... what business is it of yours... are you insinuating something... they'll back off pretty quick

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

From my experience, most witnesses are asking because they care for "your spiritual health". And I say that in quotes because to them, spiritual health is all about the things you do, like meetings and field service. If you do those things they think, then automatically you will be healthy, which isn't true.

Then there are some witnesses, usually elders who ask to be noisy or think they can fix you. You're hours are low or you've missed meetings. Again pointing back to what you do in those activities means good spiritual health. They are only victims of what they have been taught.

If you look in the Bible, it isn't like that at all.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

My mother did that

Me: "I don't want to talk about it"

(Firmly but not nastily)

"You don't want to talk about it?"

"No""

It's helpful at this point if you can move to something else

:0)

(If I'm dealing with a more pushy individual they don't hear from me again)

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Oh!I'm drinking regularly. Liver seems good. Feel clean and hygenic.Awash with alchohol can't keep me more purified bro. I feel wonderfully spiritualized. Spiritual! Spirit annointed!! Spirited for another drink. Sorry yu can't join me. I don't drink with leeches and parasitic bacteria. Go take your disease somewhere else germ!!!

• Lostwun
    Lostwun

Onager I couldn't stop laughing at your post. 😂😂😂 too funny

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Do you have any good answers for that question? You can be ironic/use some humor because the question is a little bit anecdotical

My answer is just "Yes, thank you". My actual reply I think depends on who is asking and why. It's a strange question to be asked to me without me thinking that there's some kind of hidden agenda that will follow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit