How to reply when someone asks about your spiritual health

by RodrigoGuerreiro 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• RodrigoGuerreiro
    RodrigoGuerreiro

First of all, sorry if I cannot correctly express the original expression used in my native language to ask for the "spiritual condition".

A few years ago some member of the family asks my wife directly how is her "spiritual health" (for me it's one of the many strange vocabulary used by JW like "the slave says..."). She was catched by surprise with the direct question and says that everything is ok... and luckily someone call them for lunch.

my question is: Do you have any good answers for that question? You can be ironic/use some humor because the question is a little bit anecdotical

• Onager
    Onager

Look at them with wide eyes and say slowly:

"Deeper, stronger and more complete than ever my friend."

Then if they try and say anything else interrupt them:

Nosy JW: "But we haven't seen you at.."
    You: "Deeper."

NJW: "I'm concerned that..."
    You: "Stronger."

NJW: "People are starting to talk..."

"More Complete."

Then close your eyes and start humming. Count to 10. When you open your eyes they'll be gone.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

"I'm sure that only Christ can judge my "spiritual health" accurately, so I'll leave it up to him. What I or others think is of no consequence!"

(John 5:22; Acts 10:42; Acts 17:31; Romans 2:16; Romans 14:9; 2 Corinthians 5:10; 2 Timothy 4:1; 1 Peter 4:5; Revelation 20:12)

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Q: How's your spiritual health?

A: Not too good. I'm suffering from a severe case of diarrhea and stomach cramps. Must have been some of that food that was served at the recent regional convention.

• Listener
    Listener

"I just just went for my annual check up last week, I expect to get the results on Tuesday."

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"I'm doing very well thanks. How are YOU though?"

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"I'm sure that only Christ can judge my "spiritual health" accurately, so I'll leave it up to him. What I or others think is of no consequence!"

I like Searchers answer, that is a good one. The state of mind that I am in right now wants to say is..."mind your own damn business" BUT the sensible side of me will probably be similar to Searchers.

I think I might say..."why would you ask" and see where they go with it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would rather measure spirituality in terms of psychic power, being in touch with where I have been and where I am going, and knowing how to develop my soul. Better to be able to use black magic to destroy the whole religion (and the whole of Judaism, Christi-SCAM-ity, and Islam while I am at it) than to adhere to one of these three foul programs.

For that matter, I would much rather have Satan working on my soul instead of Jesus or joke-hova. Satan works with nature, while joke-hova works against nature and leads to damnation. With joke-hova, everything is a struggle, and you can run in circles for 30 or more years and get nowhere. And, none of the jokehovians have the faintest idea of what true spirituality is.

To start, how many of them even know the first thing about astrology? Do they have their horoscope cast? Satan encourages people to get their horoscopes cast by a competent source--and Azazel is the God of Astrology. How many jokehovians know anything about where their natal planets were, aside maybe the sun? Or, where their houses reside? Most jokehovians know nothing about the houses (they start with your ascendant). And they intentionally know nothing about what any of it means.

Yet, they are quick to boast about great spiritual health because they waste the time to do two-week missions in Israel. During that two weeks, they could have been studying astrology and learning something spiritual. They could have been learning a thing or two about real words of empowerment. They could practice void meditation. They could learn something about the way the soul actually works. Rather, they are stupid enough to be among rabbis that are going to use black magic against the whole human race, using whatever littera-trash gets placed there. These are the ones that are spiritually sick. Not to mention, the money they waste on Israel missions and Worldwide Damnation Fund donations.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Q: How is your spiritual health?

A: Health is of the flesh. Spirit is or is not of the flesh. I am one with the Force. The Force is with me.

• schnell
    schnell

"How is your spiritual health?"

"It's getting quite low. All these opponents leaping around, taking their little shots wherever they can. This one guy was pretty strong. But sometimes when I give a good witness, I feel like I've really gotten a 1-up on them."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit