Jesus said ''help and feed the poor,'' not build large headquarters

by RULES & REGULATIONS 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

" The Truth " is that the WTS leaders want the money for themselves, therefore they are apathetic to others particularly to those who are not "Their" members.

Plain and simple

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I used to say if jw's were involved in at least one charity. People would say " hey that's really cool you people are doing this, tell me more about your beliefs" and the response would be "no no no that's not how it works!"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    StephaneLaliberte - "...I believe in capitalism..."

I believe in capitalism, too.

Capitalism died for my sins.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The other thing the WTS used to propagate is that they said contributing to charities that have a connection with other Christian religions is like supporting false religion and that is being unrighteous and unloyal to Jehovah.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FINKELSTEIN:

..But yet the hypocrite JWs have no problem using these other charities!

It’s also too bad that some older JWs who followed the dictates of their hateful religion and did NOT get a decent job or plan for their retirement are now compelled to look to Christendom’s food banks!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes your right LHG, that why I have stated repeatedly the WTS/JWS is full of corruption and not just its false doctrines

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LongHairGal - "...It’s some next-level irony that some older JWs who followed the dictates of their hateful religion and did NOT get a decent job or plan for their retirement are now compelled to look to Christendom’s food banks..."

Fixed that for you. *wink*

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VIDIOT:

How’s this for next-level irony? If I were still in the JW religion, these goddamned hypocrites would be coming up to ME to ask for money for people who never wanted to work. Meanwhile, I was avoided and considered not-spiritual because I had a full time job.

I’d run from these bastards..They don’t deserve the shit off the bottom of my shoe.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

My loyal JW Mom had been occasionally snubbed for being educated and (presumably) being a full-time worker, too.

I've since come to suspect that a big part of the reason she's stayed so loyal is to (metaphorically) flip the bird at any of those detractors, simply by "proving" that she could be educated and stay "faithful" at the same time.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VIDIOT:

Yeah, that’s possibly a reason your mother stuck with the religion:.. to prove a point. Sounds masochistic though.

But, I couldn’t stomach it. To much disrespect, intrusiveness, hypocrisy, etc..It was a waste of my time and I really should have left a decade before I did.. But, when that 1995 teaching on Generation came out I knew it was over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit