Did You Ever Feel Refreshed As A Jehovah's Witness???

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• freein89
    freein89

The thrice weekly verbal beating always refreshed me NOT. I used to get the most excruciating headaches imaginable on Sundays, and I mean every Sunday. After a long week of not being good enough (probably you might be saved) my Sunday headaches were always the grand finale.

Just thinking about the pain makes me sick to my stomach even after all these years.

Deb

• blondie
    blondie

With the Pharisaical attitude of the WTS, how could they do anything but what their predecessors did, burden its members, "loading them down like pack animals."

Matthew 23:4 (MSG)"Instead of giving you God's Law as food and drink by which you can banquet on God, they package it in bundles of rules, loading you down like pack animals. They seem to take pleasure in watching you stagger under these loads, and wouldn't think of lifting a finger to help

Luke 11:46 (MSG)He said, "Yes, and I can be even more explicit. You're hopeless, you religion scholars! You load people down with rules and regulations, nearly breaking their backs, but never lift even a finger to help.

Matthew 23:4 (NLT)They crush you with impossible religious demands and never lift a finger to help ease the burden.

Luke 11:46 (NLT)"Yes," said Jesus, "how terrible it will be for you experts in religious law! For you crush people beneath impossible religious demands, and you never lift a finger to help ease the burden.

VOMIT ALERT!!!

6/15/99 WT p. 13

When called on to give counsel or correction, considerate and balanced reasoning will help us to gain the respect of our spiritual brothers and to render truly effective assistance. It is so easy to concentrate on a few facts and jump to a hasty, one-sided conclusion. This gives the impression that we are narrow-minded, if not closed-minded, like the religious leaders of Jesus? day, who tended to burden others with their endless regulations. (Matthew 23:2-4) On the other hand, if we avoid extremes and provide fine counsel solidly based on Scriptural principles, reflecting Jehovah?s righteous yet balanced and merciful thinking, it will be much easier for others to accept and to apply our suggestions.

NO BEARDS--Based on scriptural principles????!!!!

• shamus
    shamus

**snickers at Blondie...

You are so right friend!

• lastcall
    lastcall

I don't think I ever felt refreshed..emotional sometimes, maybe after the rare, "Don't be so hard on yourself, Jehovah loves you" talk.

But never refreshed. I don't think the vast majority of JWs are either. Evreyone just seemed like they were trying to make it through their lives.

All you had to do was look around the KH during the SM. The audiance was full of tired and wore out half frowning faces.

I always felt bad when they gave talks about "not loosing your joy" -- I was like, what joy? How can you loose something you never had?

Very sad.

LC

• Number 6
    Number 6

I always felt as if I was missing the trick when they told us how 'refreshed' we were. I used to look around me at the Kingdom Hall and say 'No it must be me. I'm definitely missing something here.' Now I realise what a crock of shit it is I understand that everyone else was pretending too, even if they convinced themselves they were 'refreshed'.

It's one of those JW buzzwords that still gets my goat after all this time. Like how the conventions were supposed to be 'thrilling' . The only thrill I remember was watching the young ladies.

Even as a teenager I felt put upon by the Watchtower. The only refreshment I can recall was going to the pub after the meeting for a few beers.

Craig

• wednesday
    wednesday

My hubby is a nature type person and he has related experiences of feeling very close to God and sensing His presence while out doing gardening and yard work. My hubby however does not attend meetings, but generally still hold to the doctrines.

Number 6-u from Star Treck Generations?

• wednesday
    wednesday
    So I went to the restroom and had a great session, if you know what I mean, and when I left the restroom I felt that "refreshing" feeling, I think others always mentioned

oh, the MYSTIC dump

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    One time, while at a district convention, I was so constipated. You know how it is, after all those hours of driving. Well, about half way through lunch an elder came up to me and said, "we need to speak right away." I was so stressed at this comment, that I found it caused me to need to go to the bathroom. So I went to the restroom and had a great session, if you know what I mean, and when I left the restroom I felt that "refreshing" feeling, I think others always mentioned.

Yeah... I think I have had a few "refreshing experiences" like that too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit