What natural phenomena or catastrophic event would wake JWs?

by I believe in overlapping 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

My dad was talking to an elder who was trying to convince him the WT is the only organization God is using to save mankind.

So my dad asked him; “Would you still believe if there was a nuclear war and it destroyed 50-75 percent of the earth’s inhabitants including all the Watchtower’s main offices?

Elder said; “That will never happen, that can never happen, because the bible tells us the steps of Armageddon. First the cry of peace and security, then Babylon the empire of all false religion will be destroyed, then Armageddon will kill all wicked people that are not serving Jehovah, then the 1000 years begin, then the devil is let loose and will misled many, then Jehovah will destroy everyone not on his side, then the paradise earth will be forever. “

My Dad kept repeating the same question several times without letup until finally the elder said;

If there is a nuclear war that destroys more than half of the world including our headquarters, then all of us have been duped, including the Governing Body. And not only that, but that would also mean that the bible is not the word of God because it’s not supposed to happen that way. It would also mean we came from monkeys and are just here because of some - one in a million random accident.

See, this is what happens when you start losing faith in Jehovah and the bible. Your mind becomes mentally diseased.

So the point is that there are some events that would wake up even the most stubborn, die-hard, Jehovah Witness.

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

Babylon (or their version) is going to age itself away. The church pews are emptying - but the Catholic, Protestant, and other churches will long out-last the KingdomHalls.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Most catastrophic events bring a few lazy JW's back to the Kingdumb Hall for at least a little while. Remember 9/11? That was the "beginning of The End", or at last many thought that it was. There were lots of scared, inactive JW's that made the next Meeting Night.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

If a tornado wiped out Warwick and all the GB then the JWs would wonder.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

maybe if the giant foot came down out of heaven and squashed war-wick it might get a few thinking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AxiATxLofk

• carla
    carla

I think Jesus Himself could come in the clouds and speak directly to the world (including jw's). It could be a worldwide event and the jw's would still go to the kh to see what the elders and gb thought of the event before forming an opinion or taking any action.

jw's do not want to be responsible for themselves or their thinking. It has been drilled in their head for too long that independent thinking is bad.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Rank-and-file JWs?

The GB renouncing their faith on CNN and closing the WTS's doors, maybe.

Cripple the Organization?

The world going to hell in a handbasket and demonstrably not following Fred Franz's End-Times script (particularly other religions not collapsing), maybe.

The WTS losing its tax-exemption (particularly in the US), I suspect.

Independence-Day- or Arrival-style First Contact would also be catastrophic, and not just to the bOrg.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

if jesus came again--visibly--he would be disfellowshipped for apostasy.

• flipper
    flipper

Aside from being abducted by aliens, taken to another planet, and anally probed- I don't think anything will work very much to wake up JWs. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

We have a close friend who was screwed over by WT. He was devastated. You would think he would wake up and leave. What did he do? Went back for more. Now, he is more uber in the cult than he was before. Go figure!!

I agree with flipper, virtually impossible to wake some up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit