You are NOT alone !

by stuckinarut2 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hi everyone!

This post is mainly for our new forum visitors and members. Perhaps even those who are just lurking or visiting here but have not yet signed up. Maybe you are in the initial stages of researching and finding out the earthshattering and life changing information about the religion that you once held dear and called “the truth”.

It can be a very stressful period of time as you realise that your whole foundation has changed and that the people in your life that you call friends or family may not take kindly to the things you have discovered.

We know that these friends will quickly disappear. They will brandish us as mentally diseased apostates, they will speak ill about us behind our backs, and the friendships we thought were loyal and reliable will no longer exist.

But please be reassured that things do indeed get better! The circle of friends that I have made since waking up to the truth about the truth is amazing. The people I now call friends are genuine, sincere, and reliable people. And these are people from all over the world!

I am truly grateful for this network of friends. We keep in touch via social media, forums, and direct messages. We can all be there to support one another through the good days and bad. Not all of our conversations have to talk about a religious background - sure that has brought us together but that does not define our relationships.

Unconditional friendships and support does exist!

So if you are new here, or struggling in some way please be assured that you have genuine support and genuine friends to understand the situation you’re in and truly get what you are going through❤️

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Well said! The religion wants us to leave and feel alone but we don't have to. This was the first place I came to when I was leaving, and I've met so many nice people through it.

Life gets so much better when you're free. I have so many more friends, they actually offer support instead of control, and we don't have to agree on every little thing in life.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

I second that!

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@doubtful1799 I third that.

When I informed my mother that I would never set a foot again in a Kingdom Hall, she told me in threatening terms that "you will lose EVERYONE. NO ONE will talk to you again if you do that."

In terms of the cult then being my entire world, she was right. But once I stepped foot out of the Watchtower stratosphere, I was suddenly overwhelmed by globular clusters, horsehead nebulas, cosmic rays and newly discovered planets. My entire universe had expanded.

Looking back, I now see the Watchtower as nothing more than a vacuous black hole, rapidly diminishing in size as the rest of the real world comes into focus. I'm so glad I found you all. Alien territory has never felt more like home.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And how appropriate that the first three replies came from people that I am proud to call FRIENDS!

• zeb
    zeb

here here!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

That is an excellent post stuck and I totally agree ,Do I fourth that ?

I loved that response W.M.U.B.Y.Jo-Ho you have the makings of a Sci-Fi author

And as an added note to lurkers or first timers here you can use the envelope at the top of the screen to post a personal message to whoever you want that nobody else can see and its a private conversation .

I encourage you to take advantage of it as it is confidential.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Thanks for the encouraging post Stuckinarut.

I hope that anyone who feels it's fair game to jump on newbies who still profess a faith - having exited the cult - will agree with your sentiments and unconditionally welcome those who are looking for comfort and reassurance.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@smiddy3 They call me L. Ron Jo-Ho.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

This is good stuff.

Realizing that it isn't just you is crucial.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit