What JWs don't know they believe

by StephaneLaliberte 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

In a post this morning, I suggested that a way to wake up fellow congregants is to plainly comment or make talks on teachings and rules the JWs don't really know too well. The idea is that you can say these things, other JWs will be bothered by the comments, but will not be able to do anything about it as this is the official teaching or stand on this or that.

The key here is that when troubling rules and teachings are thought in the watchtower, they generally use wording that makes them go down easy. Since we are urged to make comments using our own words, we can re-word these in a way that really expose their true nature; stripping them from the manipulative talk-track.

So, here is a thread to start getting some examples.

1. Most none JWs will be killed at Armageddon. That means, 99% of the planet. It will be a blood bath.
    2. Parents have the right not to report sexual abuse to the police and Elders may be instructed to respect that decision.
    3. The new testament was written for the Anointed.
    4. When new teachings come in, explain the impact this has. For instance, when blood fractions came in, mention a few life saving treatment that are now acceptable for Christians.

Remember, the key here is delivery... You must say shocking things and sound like you're totally oblivious to the issue. And when teachings/rules change, say you're really excited about a change and happy about the direction Jehovah's chariot is going as we are fixing previous issues.

• oppostate
    oppostate

the teaching that Jesus Christ is only the Mediator for genuine anointed ones and not for other JWs or worldlies for that matter in opposition to what the Bible says in 1st Timothy, now that's a shocker for many JWs.

• waton
    waton

the 12 tribes of the "israel of god" aka 'spiritual Israel' is the earthly class.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

I recall my father having a heated argument over point 3 with some elders. Russell had two classes, but his Armageddon was not the literalist or bloody one of Rutherford. In contradiction to point 3, Rutherford had that the sheep and goats judgment concerned the second class this side of Armageddon. A lot of speculation and private interpretation behind these ideas.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I was in for nearly 4 decades. I had no idea that the Watchtower teaches that Jesus is the mediator for only the annointed. I could only imagine being with a group of Witnesses and blurting out, "I am so happy not to be part of Christendom. Could you imagine actually believing Jesus died for my sins so I could make it into the New World? It is so freeing to know that Jesus is only the mediator between Jehovah and the annointed. I know if I am loyal and obedient to the Governing Body I might have a chance of making it through Armageddon."

I am sure I would be met with odd stairs and uncomfortable silence! However, is this not what the Watchtower has been teaching for decades? Every point I made could be support with a direct quote from the Watchtower.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

How does that wake up anyone? Nothing wrong with those teachings.

Waton, spiritual Israel is not the earthly class. The earthly class is the spiritual gentiles.

Jesus is the mediator of the new covenant between Jehovah God and the anointed Christians numbering 144,000. No argument there. The rest are not part of that covenant but we benefit from it. I don't see the problem with that.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I'd like to solve the puzzle, Pat

I-T-S-A-C-U-L-T

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Jesus is the mediator of the new covenant between Jehovah God and the anointed Christians numbering 144,000. No argument there. The rest are not part of that covenant but we benefit from it. I don't see the problem with that.

What is an alliance if it is not a promise between two parties? The answer you provided is the official teaching and you will note that they don't say it often cause if you stop and think about it, its bunkers.

You are not part of the alliance, but you are expected to devote yourself to Jehovah at least 20 hours a week (personal study, family study, meetings, field service). That's a lot of time to not be part of any official alliance.

Of course, this will not trouble everyone, but if you incorporate it often enough in your talks, prayers, comments, discussions, some will start to stumble on it. I'll admit that this is a challenge as repeating it too often could even sound apostate, but there must be a way to bring it forth every now and then.

One approach that easily works are biblical quizzes in the field ministry, between calls and doors. You know... how old was methuselah? What were the names of the three Hebrews who didn't bow down to the idole? What are the alliances mention in the bible and between who? Trick question: Are we part of any alliance? What are the two pivotal dates on which our chronology relies?

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    I am so happy not to be part of Christendom. Could you imagine actually believing Jesus died for my sins so I could make it into the New World? It is so freeing to know that Jesus is only the mediator between Jehovah and the anointed. I know if I am loyal and obedient to the Governing Body I might have a chance of making it through Armageddon.

Perhaps being a bit more subtle? Like, if someone takes the emblems in your hall:

"We need to take special care of the anointed ones, even if we aren't sure that they are in fact anointed. After all, we are all blessed because of them."

If someone says "why", you answer: Well, they have an alliance with God, we don't. We benefit from that alliance. So, we really must take Jesus words to heart when he said to take care of his brothers.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Most none JWs will be killed at Armageddon. That means, 99% of the planet. It will be a blood bath.

This is a great point. In my last ever allowed public prayer instead of the time worn, "Jehovah, we pray for the time you bring the promised end to wicked people and we inherit the earth as you promised," I re-worded it to say the exact same thing. Of course I got called on the carpet for saying, "Jehovah, we pray for the time very soon now when you will kill nearly 8 billion men, women, and children so that only the very few who are baptized Jehovah's Witnesses are left alive on the earth."

Hey, it is what the former more popular request actually says.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit