20 Years Ago Today

by RAYZORBLADE 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Well, it's officially, November 22, 2003.

20 years ago today, was the beginning of the end of my life as a Jehovah's Witness.

When I think back to 10 years (1993) after leaving the Jehovah's Witnesses, I can remember not quite being so well-adjusted. 10 years later (2003), things are much different, and much, much better.

Dansk started a thread earlier in the year, where he asked board members to post their stories. For some strange reason: I did.

It was brave for me to do so, because I was not one to go into such personal detail. Click the link below if interested, but I must remind you: it's a LONG READ. It took me more than 2 hours to compile it. The subject matter, for some, will not be their favourite. But alot of what happened, and took place; many of you could draw parallels from.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/50806/727035/post.ashx#727035

20 Years Ago Today, I left the Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Wow 20 yrs. I feel like a baby having only been out 4 months. I'm jealous. I wish I had twenty more of my life back without their controlling my life.

~~Sassy~~

• shamus
    shamus

I read it all, Ray. Your experience was quite something... interesting to see how they can lure someone in with the promises of the "new personality"... HA!

Glad that you're out, Ray.

• Prisca
    Prisca

(((((Ray)))))

I re-read your story too. You've gone through so much, but you are so much stronger and wiser for it.

It's been a pleasure to have gotten to know you Ray.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I missed your story the first time. My heart goes out to you. It is stories like yours that makes me realize that my life wasn't as bad as I sometimes think it was. Thank you for sharing.

Congradulations on your new and improved life.

Lisa

• reboot
    reboot

I missed that Rayzor;but i'm glad you re-posted it.

I'm really happy when I read stories like this that end in a positive frame of mind... i'm so glad that your life's feeling peaceful now and that you're now ((( you)))

xxxxxx

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Hi Rayzor! Glad you re-posted your experience! 20 Years out! I think a celebration is in order!

Walter

• smack
    smack

Having a beer for you now Ray

Steve

Tasmanian Overbeer

• shera
    shera

(((((Ray)))))

Yay Ray!

• Beans
    Beans

Awesome Ray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I posted my story a few times as well, my wife found it on the computer and was very moved by it, sometimes I look back at mine and it is very sad and hard for me to read. Next month I will coming up on my 18th anniversary out of the church so now I go see a restricted movie, finally!

We will celebrate within the month together!

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit