• St George of England
    St George of England
    Green JW history book (the name escapes me at the moment

Jehovah's Witnesses Proclaimers of God's Kingdom - 1993

Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose - 1959

George

• Magnum
    Magnum

There's got to be some reason for the latest wording change (removing "spirit-directed"). Anybody know (or guess) why? I strongly feel the reason is self-serving.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Maybe they removed "spirit-directed" because people claim the WT is in essence claiming inspiration while making false predictions and proclaiming false doctrine, and thus being a false prophet.

• waton
    waton

wt never claimed being HS, holy spirit directed, so they removed the other one.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    There's got to be some reason for the latest wording change (removing "spirit-directed"). Anybody know (or guess) why? I strongly feel the reason is self-serving.

Personally I think there have been so many disastrous appointments by Holy Spirit, people who have turned out to be be adulterers, rapists, murderers etc. It became very obvious that HS was no way involved in such appointments.

So they have taken the blame away from the Holy Spirit by this move. Now they are appointed by HS only in the sense that they appear to other men to fulfil the requirements for elders, MS's publishers etc as laid out in the Bible. See the quote below:-

Bearing Thorough Witness Page19

22 This incident reminds us of the importance of organization among God’s people. To this day, responsible men are selected to serve as overseers in the congregation. The elders carefully consider the Scriptural qualifications required of such overseers, and they pray for the guidance of holy spirit. The congregation thus views such men as appointed by holy spirit. For our part, we remain submissive and obedient to their lead, promoting a cooperative spirit in the congregation.​—Heb. 13:17.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit