Eye-Opener

by ElderStuckin 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ElderStuckin
    ElderStuckin

Each eye-opener in my awakening had nothing to do with apostates. It was always by looking directly at the so-called spiritual food that helped me awaken.

In 2019 they changed the wording of the second of two baptismal questions which are answered aloud before the audience. Now I realize that these questions have been adjusted over the years. I also know that the Bible does not state that any certain questions must be answered at baptism.

However, this adjustment was very telling. It’s like this cult is hiding in plain sight. How did they think they could do this and not raise eyebrows?

The previous version of question #2 was, “Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identity you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?”.

The new version removes the Holy Spirit. So they actually admit that they were lying to baptismal candidates for years about being directed by Holy Spirit.

Here is the question now, “Do you understand that your baptism identifies you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with Jehovah’s organization?”.

No explanation was given and nobody dares to ask. The blinded and brain-washed just keep right on. Absolutely nuts!

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The wording has been changed a couple of times. I'm pretty sure the questions I asserted to in the '70s made no mention of any organization.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

If the questions changed then the dedication is no longer valid. My baptism therefor is now null and void, thus meaning I no longer subject to disfellowshipping.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Baptismal Questions

w42 10/1, p. 302

"(1) Do you believe in Jehovah God the Father, that 'salvation belongeth unto Jehovah', and that Christ Jesus is his Son in whose blood your sins are washed away and by whom salvation comes to you from God? (2) Have you therefore confessed your sins to God and asked for cleansing by Christ Jesus, and therefore turned away from sin and the world, and consecrated yourself without reservation to God to do his will?"

w56 7/1 p. 407

"20 (1) Have you recognized yourself before Jehovah God as a sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him the Father through his Son Jesus Christ?

21 (2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightenment of the holy spirit?"

w66 8/1 p. 465

"(1) Have you recognized yourself before Jehovah God as a sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ?

(2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit?"

w73 5/1 p. 280

"(1) Have you repented of your sins and turned around, recognizing yourself before Jehovah God as a condemned sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ?

(2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit?"

w85 6/1 p. 30

"The first question is:

On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

The second is:

Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization?"

w87 4/15 p. 12

Footnote: "Recently the two questions addressed to baptismal candidates were simplified so that candidates could answer with full comprehension of what is involved in coming into intimate relationship with God and his earthly organization."

1. Have you repented of your sins, dedicated yourself to Jehovah, and accepted his way of salvation through Jesus Christ?

2. Do you understand that your baptism identifies you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with Jehovah’s organization?

Od p 206-7 - 2019

See previous od book (2015)

• Bobcat
    Bobcat
    If the questions changed then the dedication is no longer valid. My baptism therefor is now null and void, thus meaning I no longer subject to disfellowshipping.

What's interesting is how they will tell you that your dedication cannot be revoked or voided. Yet, they will dedicate buildings to God and then later sell them to whomever wants to buy them. Dedication only matters when they want it to matter.

• asp59
    asp59

Do you think them going online has to do with they don't even think Holy spirit is supporting organization?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

They made ridiculous changes to "this generation" starting in 2008 and I didn't bat an eye . . . But then they release a new songbook in 2009 and I start thinking about the orgs history. You never can tell what will give somebody a nudge.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Thank you for that list St.George , w56 7/1 p. 407,would have been the questions my then GF who became my wife and I , would have answered back in Nov. 1960 .

Good to know .

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    Do you understand that your baptism identifies you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with Jehovah’s organization?

Full question, with the implied part fully written:

Do you understand that your baptism identifies you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with Jehovah’s organization, and therefore you voluntarily and completely agree to give us carte blanche to use the threat of disfellowshipping and the implied subsequent loss of association and affection of all of your family and friends as emotional blackmail to coerce you into doing what we demand?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

After the 1980-81 purge at Bethel and the later publication of Ray Franz's two books, there were several things which the WT did to do address what they perceived to be issues and to tighten down on further breakaways. One was the change to baptism question 2 to mention the organization. A few others were replacing the AID book with the Insight volumes, the new Organization book, the Unity book, the big Green JW history book (the name escapes me at the moment).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit