Two JDubs just knocked on my door !

by Phizzy 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• OneEyedJoe
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hey Hey Heyyyyyyyyy...is it happening, people????? Thanks for the link OEJ.

Phuzzy, sorry to burst you r bubble but the WBT$ want your money, mate.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

We had two at our door a couple of days ago. What part of "leave us the hell alone" do they not understand. I guess desperate times ($$$$) call for desperate measures. Too bad some of these JW's didn't think of how they were treating people WHILE these ones were still in. They think of them when they need #'s, field serve us time or the almighty dollar.

What goes around comes around.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I actually do not mind the odd call once ayear or something, I am adept enough at steering the conversation my way.

I never actually asked to be a DNC, but an old JW lady told me she was told that I would "spoil her faith", and when I have observed them in my road, I have seen them point to the house and not call.

A bit more of the convo, one of the guys, when I had mentioned the Australian debacle, and how not one case out of over a thousand was reported to the Authorities, he said that it is possible to find fault with any Org run by men, so I said "That simply is not good enough, to say "we are no worse than the others", if you claim to be god's spirit directed Org, you must hold yourselves to a higher standard".

They both just nodded.

• jhine
    jhine

BTW Punky at what point did Phizzy go out of focus ? Does he know and is there any cure ? Lol

Jan

• park ave boy
    park ave boy
    Bravo phizzy! Bravo! It is reverse preaching work, except that we really have "the truth!" or "da troof" as one sister used to say.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Punky calls me Phuzzy because he knows that after about 10 Pints of Real Ale, I don't see so good.

By the way Punky, I am fully aware that they are after my money, well they can have all my debts if they want !

But, if they paid them off for me, it still would not repay me for what the WT/JW org has taken from me.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

PHIZZY: We parted amicably, which is good I think.

I definitely agree. Coming off as a "mentally diseased apostate" just reinforces their cult thinking. Being friendly, polite, and amicable allows them to let down their guard and perhaps really "hear" what you're saying. A polite little jab or comment to get them curious enough to start thinking on their own.

Doc

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Oh yeah totally. By being polite and as diplomatic as possible is probably the best way to deal with unreasonable & headstrong people.
  • Kick50r
    Kick50r

" Being friendly, polite, and amicable allows them to let down their guard and perhaps really "hear" what you're saying. " totally agree, regardless of being the right thing to do as well.

Although , I must admit , inducing cognitive dissonance in self righteous pioneers is something I do gladly for free ^^

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit