Is there any humor in the bible?

by Normalfulla 31 Replies latest social humour

• Normalfulla
    Normalfulla

Humor plays a big part in a lot of humanity and we all like a good laugh but as far as I'm aware God's supposed word has no actual humor ,of course apart from being a joke itself ,why wasn't there a passage or something like "jesus farted and giggles broke out among them " or something, is anyone aware of any notations of humor ? All to.serious really

• TD
    TD

I can't think of any examples in the Bible itself, but if we assume just for the sake of discussion that God exists, he very obviously has a huge (and very often mean) sense of humor.

• Fairlane
    Fairlane

Jonah was swallowed by a big fish.... now there's a laugh.... noah built a big floating structure. .. there's another laugh.... jesus brought a dead corpse back to life.... ha ha ha i cant stop laughing, the bible is a comical riot of a book !!! Lol jehovah is a god of love.. now that's the biggest laugh !!!!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

When the prophets lf Ba'al couldn't convince their God to consume an offering, Elijah suggested:

Perhaps he is deep in thought or he has gone to relieve himself.

• deegee
    deegee

How about some humour about the Bible itself:

• never a jw
    never a jw

"Jehovah is a god of love.. now that's the biggest laugh !!!!"

That's funny, really funny!

What's more funny is how the Bible is interpreted by JW's and other fundamentalists. If it were not for the fact that their interpretation actually hurts and kills people, their comedy would be better than the Monty Python

• Island Man
    Island Man

There are actually passages in the Bible that speak negatively of joking and humor. I can't recall exactly where they are - maybe in Proverbs or Ecclesiastes - but the Bible does not approve of humor. That explains why there are no funny passages. All references to humor are portrayed in a negative light, associated with ridiculers and foolish men "in want of heart".

Jesus never cracked a joke. The closest the Bible comes to humor are passages that speak of God laughing at the demise of the wicked and Elijah ridiculing the prophets of Baal by suggesting to them that their god isn't answering them because he's busy in the toilet. There is no harmless, light-hearted humor purely as entertainment.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Theres plenty.... in fact sampson was the greatest comedian in the bible...

he brought the house down 😂😂😂

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Paul made a pun once which was likely an attempt at humor. I believe it is in Philemon.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

(Ecclesiastes 11:3) . . .if a tree falls to the south or if to the north, in the place where the tree falls there it will prove to be.

This text is humorous - or???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit