JWs Using the system

by XBEHERE 9 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I have it on good authority from a friend living near Warwick that many bethelites filed for COVID-19 economic relief from the US Govt. He said that one bethelite actually told him that they were being instructed to file some sort of income, not sure of the logistics of that with the vow of poverty and all, but if they did that then they would qualify for economic relief. Basically getting thousands of dollars for free.

He told me that initially on zoom some bethelites were actually bragging about it and how when they are let free they will have all of their vacation time and gobs of money to spend! Then all of a sudden they stopped talking about it.... I am guessing the org got wind and told them to STHU.

He also mentioned that apparently most if not all of the bethel family has applied and qualified for Medicaid from NYS for their health insurance so the org pays next to nothing for their helthcare.

I was like seriously?!?! He is PIMI but very much a realist and even he was a little miffed about it. On the one hand wow what a bunch of users of the system, but also very smart. Someone at bethel figured out how to work the system so good for them! lol

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

somewhere along the line, I learned they filed for medicaid...which I found appalling because I thought WT took care of their workers. Well, it stands to reason to me that they would instruct to get the covid relief because then they could expect even more donations from their workers ( which was something else I found appalling-it wasn't enough they were giving their life to the org for a little bit a month, but they expected some of it back in donations. I even saw a posting of a game court for the bethelites with a sign that it cost to keep the court and so for them to donate. It is amazing what you learn once you are willing to take off the blinders. As to using the system, it was recently shown how the elders were to provide listings of governmental social services to those in need.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Its so appalling and nauseatingly ironic.

The Borg claims to take care of its members then kicks them out if they get injured, sick or older.

Then they scam the system and take advantage of local government benefits,,,

Then expect donations and hand-outs from its followers..I just dont know where to begin

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Where is the Gov to investigate this matter?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Government investigation firms-up their persecution "complex".

It can work in a reverse way.

• blondie
    blondie

WTS comments on this (reporting not supporting)"In some lands, governmental authorities provide pensions, welfare programs, and home-care attendants for senior citizens...For instance, the elders may be able to help out by assisting the parents to learn about and benefit from governmental or social programs locally. " WT 3/15/2014 p 24

"At times, material assistance is available through governmental or social programs, so relatives or others may help the needy one to apply for such assistance." Organized Book, p 128

• Dagney
    Dagney

Mike and Kim have a list provided by WTBS of all the government agencies people can use for whatever. Watchtower spent a lot of time investigating and organizing this list so they don't have to look after their own.

Watchtower is a special sort of grifters.

• James Jack
    James Jack

You didn’t have to a job to get Covid money, just fill out a 1040 form. I sent my brother in Prison blank forms and all the inmates got Covid money.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    You didn’t have to a job to get Covid money, just fill out a 1040 form. I sent my brother in Prison blank forms and all the inmates got Covid money.

Yes you are correct, I was mistaken about that. I guess the issue I have is that this was for economic relief, to help people's cost of living. Bethelites have these needs cared for already. In principle its really an abuse of the system.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

BTW James not saying anything against your brother but that was a highly politisized issue.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/08/politics/fact-check-tom-cotton-prisoners-pandemic-relief-checks-trump-biden/index.html

I could care less either way about the prisoners, they could save the money for when they are released and had to fend for themselves. But to hear my friend say that bethelites were bragging about all the free money to go on vacations later.... ew

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit