Is this something new?

by Butyoucanneverleave 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Butyoucanneverleave
    Butyoucanneverleave

Just heard from a friend who keeps in touch with the JW's. A person who has been studying found out some things on line about the witnesses and decided to not get baptized and stopped attending the meetings. She lives with a witness. So she still has contact with them. The elders called on her an told her that because she had already made a dedication (but not baptized) that she could be disfellowshipped if she continues to associate with the witnesses. How can they do this if she is not baptized?

This cult gets more crazy every time I hear something about them.

• blondie
    blondie

In the past up till 1988, an unbaptized publisher could be treated as if df'd if they did something they could be df'd for as a baptized jw. But the WTS changed that policy. That only baptized jws could be df'd.

But that doesn't mean the unbaptized person would not be considered bad association. But this person was never baptized or considered an unbaptized publisher even. But they would still be considered not a jw and thus be considered bad association. jws are not encouraged to live with or get involved socially with non-jws....

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102014944?q=unbaptized+disfellowshipped&p=par

od chap. 14 pp. 132-145

38 What should be done when unbaptized publishers become involved in serious wrongdoing? Since they are not baptized members of the congregation, they cannot be formally disfellowshipped. However, they may not fully understand the Bible’s standards, and kind counsel may help them to make “straight paths” for their feet.​—Heb. 12:13.

39 If an unbaptized wrongdoer is unrepentant after two elders have met with him and have tried to help him, then it is necessary to inform the congregation. A brief announcement is made, stating: “[Name of person] is no longer recognized as an unbaptized publisher.” The congregation will then view the wrongdoer as a person of the world. Although the offender is not disfellowshipped, Christians exercise caution with regard to any association with him. (1 Cor. 15:33) No field service reports would be accepted from him.

• Butyoucanneverleave
    Butyoucanneverleave

Thanks for that info Blondie. They just seem to be getting more desperate to me. Their grip is getting tighter. They don't want anyone with critical thinking. Hopefully they will continue to lose people before they get in to deep.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

To invariably socially control people places power into men's hands so that's why its also done so.

Once someone of the flock posses any questions about the doctrines of the organization Big Red Flags go up.

Watch out Satan is among us !!!

Men playing with the power of god. ummmm ummm good

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The more cultish there behaviour the better I say.

• alanv
    alanv

I guess her mistake was saying she had made a dedication prayer to God. But yes they are getting desperate to silence anyone who finds out about their past and present stance on things.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Sounds like a subtle threat to silence anyone who “knows too much” and might share what they know with witnesses they live with or associate with. Evil cult bastards!

• waton
    waton
    The congregation will then view the wrongdoer as a person of the world.

B. that is what they wrote, but not what describes the attitude that wt wants to see to be shown. A "person of the world" is eagerly sought to talk too, (counting time). a marked persons is not. The same with individuals that vote, join the military auxiliaries,

not disfellowshipped but denounced, er, announced as " no longer a JW."

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

Blondie thank you for the explanation. Really appreciate your comments and wisdom. (Sometimes I wish I could borrow your knowledge for a few hours ☺️)

thank goodness she had the will and wit to look online! Getting out while she hasn’t been affected by this crazy cult.

Disfellowshipping is insane in itself. One day you’re my friend... next day you’re not... then you are again.... 🙄.

Looks to me that the tight message they put out to members the more control they want.

Hopefully this will be the downside of the whole thing and will help many to free themselves of it.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

When the WT kicks you out, they say that you should be treated as “a person of the world”, a catch phrase for SHUN.

I would be completely pleased if WT were to treat “persons of the world...” as “persons of the world...”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit