A Question for all those who DO live in the US...or anyone else

by Xena 33 Replies latest jw friends

• finnster
    finnster

This is my first reply here at JW.com

I was brought up in the States and had a great childhood (which also refers to the area i lived in)

My sister and her family still lives in the States, NY area.

20 some ago I moved to Norway where i still live. Norway is good place to live, a total welfare

state. You people would be surprised of the benefits here. So, a good place to live and a great

country to raise children. But...we had the winter season and it's dark, rainy (if not snowy) and

depressing. I'm in a stage of PSGD (post season gold depression ). Well I've back to the states

a couple of times and it struck me how Americans were in a state of "collective angst" especially

concerning their children. That must be a tough constant state to be in! Totally unlike Europe.

My favorite countries would be;

April - September : Scandianavian Countries, Canada

October- March: Australia, New Zealand

Greetings

Finn

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Vivamus is correct - -Holland is also a great place and I could live there -- good beer - nice people

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Well Xena do I love you or am I just hot for you, that's the question.

Norway is a total welfare state? Must suck to work there then.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I moved from the UK to the USA...I guess "out of the frying pan into the fire"... NOT. I fulfilled a dream I had had for 20 years.

BTW I'm off to Japan soon, a sort of rushed business trip. It might be fun, it sure will be different.

Thirdson - (reading up on Japanese etiquette)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit