Jehovah's Witnesses - Where is Your Money Going?

by Sea Breeze 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

love the "contrast"

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SEA BREEZE:

It’s hard to believe that even at this LATE date that some JWs are still listening to stupid advice to NOT get college or some higher education.

I really don’t have any respect or regard for any adult there who denies their intelligent child a college education. Anybody who thinks idiot ‘privileges’ and opinions of elders means anything is a fool with sh#t for brains…I realize some kids are piss-poor students and not college material. But, if the child gets decent grades there is no excuse.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

LHG,

I agree. Born-ins largely have a different experience though. Especially if the family is imultigenerational JW’s. Many who don’t really want to deal with a bunch of conflict, do the math and decide to just skip college (and the amount of effort that would take) and just keep the peace by getting a non-college skill job.

I went to college at age 30 and never got anything but apathy over it. I can’t ever remember one word of encouragement or approval. I was running a very unstable small business at the same time as well.

My parents always had that look on their face like they secretly believe you are mentally disabled, but just smile at you instead of confronting you about your “mental illness”.

They were bewildered why I was doing it. My dad was literally a ditch digger and complained his whole life about it. My mom cleaned houses for extra cash.

Nothing wrong with either of those things. But, JW’s really seem to glorify ignorance as if it some sort of goal to attain.

It is a very backwards existence.

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

Wonder if the watchtower will participate in the Meta universe. With zoom they have got most of their followers up to par in immersing into the digital age. All that’s left is to create virtual field circus activities, along with the 2 weekly boasting sessions. Just imagine the surprise of mark Zuckerberg when he sees virtual carts all over his created meta verse.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SEA BREEZE:

I’m glad you got your education though.

Yes, it certainly appears as you say that JWs ‘seem to glorify ignorance as if it is some sort of goal to attain’.. I think they want people there who are acceptably ignorant who will never complain or speak up about anything.

As far as multi-generational JWs being intimidated into not getting college for themselves or their children by elders and other busybodies, I might understand this a generation ago before the computer age. But today? When you talk about ‘avoiding conflict’ and ‘keeping the peace’, no offense but this sounds cowardly and makes a man in the religion not the master of his OWN household. It sounds like somebody else is the master in HIS home (and maybe even bedroom). Sounds unmanly and like he has no balls either.

I understand that to somebody like myself not raised in the JW religion this mentality is outrageous and unacceptable. The rest of the world would feel the same way.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Longhairgal- long those lines both my grandparents encourage us kids to get educated because no one will help you except you. My grandparents where never Jw's and never approved of their nonsense. Same with the Church of Rome. But they seem to do more for the people then the Jw's.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FOOLEDNOMORE:

I’m glad your grandparents weren’t JWs and encouraged you to get an education. I’m grateful my non-JW family also encouraged college.

I never got any anti-college/anti-career vibes from anybody in my life until I set foot in the Witness religion. But, thankfully, I never took anything they said seriously and let their foolish talk go in one ear and out the other! I did not follow in the footsteps of other women in the religion and very glad today I did not.

• Gorb
    Gorb

I'm still waiting to see the the first good deed from jw.org to individuals in need.

There is a hard demarcation between jw.org money and Christian behaviour.

G.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Gorb- that wait from Jw's will be forever. Jw's don't do nothing for anyone. I'm still waiting for my college degree from reading their magazines. But I went out and earned it. Jw's are very pathetic.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

GORB:

A good deed? You mean like food pantries and soup kitchens and other such things to help the needy? I have heard other churches in Christendom have these charitable services.

But, nobody should hold their breath waiting for the JW religion to have any of these things..I would be shocked if it ever happened. It’s ironic really since many of their followers are needy because they were told by the religion they didn’t need careers or retirement planning because ‘Armageddon’ would be here. They were told it would be better to spend their time in the full time ministry. 🙄

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit