Jehovah's Witnesses - Where is Your Money Going?

by Sea Breeze 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

After discouraging and in many instances prohibiting JW's from getting an education, like in computer graphics, film-making and design, the WT is employing these kinds of professionals and throwing vast sums of money at their new film-making adventures doubtless from all the properties they confiscated, sold that the local members paid for.

Kim and Mikey talk about this primarily starting at 13:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQafxmSjiRk&ab_channel=KimMikey

• joao
    joao

I'll have to see this one! Thanks!

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Nothing new to see here. JW's have been spending a lot of money on a lot of things since Russell's time, ever since they produced the Photo-drama of creation.

They have a lot of cash with them from the time they scaled back their printing work and sold real estate.

For many JW's giving money to WT equates to serving God. But then, who are we to judge? Many Ex-JW's give their money to Lloyd, so to each his own.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I think the Watchtower needs a giant sign the reads "W-A-T-C-H-T-O-W-E-R" in the hills behind the studio. Kind of like this one.

Hollywood Sign - Griffith Observatory - Southern California's gateway to  the cosmos!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    There have been plenty of Bible movies made. These movies are not going to bring anyone in .but rather for the benefit of jdubs to keep them engaged in the org
  • Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I was surprised at the elaborate sets, costumes and props that are used. All that costs A LOT of money. Hand forging spear tips? C'mon...it's like they are bragging about how much they are spending.

It is all so confusing. In 2015 they were begging for money stating that they needed to build around 1600 new Kingdom Halls right NOW, Then, they began a big sell off of Kingdom Halls while dumping bucket loads of cash into huge film sets and production properties.

A the very least this makes them look like liars.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Nothing new to see here.

But it's a good point. Does anyone believe that the WTS would encourage JWs to get into filmmaking or related fields, like 3D design and animation? How often did you ever hear of a JW being advised to get an education as a lawyer? The rank-and-file are strongly encouraged to eschew a secondary education in favor of a low-demand job so that they have plenty of time to recruit more people into the cult. Those who ignored this advice are in high demand in helping to provide low-cost labor to the organization.

It's not an encouraging message: keep your life as plain and simple as you can, give the organization as much of your precious spare cash as you can manage, and if you happened to get an education in a lucrative field, give the WTS your time, labor, and expertise for pennies on the dollar until such time as they no longer have a use for you.

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

"The rank-and-file are strongly encouraged to eschew a secondary education in favor of a low-demand job so that they have plenty of time to recruit more people into the cult."

Do you think the leadership is aware that this is a futile effort? How many people covert to JW via the door to door ministry? On these type forums, reddit etc, it seems almost everyone's story is of being a 3rd or 4th generation JW.

Looking back, I struggle to remember anyone having a regular bible study, much less a baptised convert. In my entire childhood/teenage years I remember one couple who joined and a few random weirdo's who I guess were 'studying' but were probably also dealing with mental health issues. Otherwise it was the same faces i'd known since birth and any growth in membership was just people having a bunch of kids.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

The craziness of Watchtower holds no bounds, always looking for a new sucker to add to the collection. As others wake up and walk out.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Wow, 249 acres of "facilities" needed to make videos? What a scam.

Town of Ramapo, New York

A facility for the creation and production of audio and video/film recordings in an integrated working, living, and worship facility for members of the Jehovah’s Witnesses’ religious and assisting religious volunteers. A new mixed-use MU-3 Zoning District is proposed to facilitate the development of this integrated facility.

The 249-acre site will host audio and video production studios and facilities to support operations of the nearby world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses. On-site facilities include offices, maintenance and set production workshops, and a central energy plant. Accommodations for the resident staff include 645 residential units, dining/assembly spaces, recreation/wellness/fitness facilities, and a clinic.

----------- end quote ----------

For contrast --- One Apostate can make thousands of videos in his mother in-laws' basement.

Gotta have those recreational facilities too huh Watchtower? Indoor basketball courts with those nasty little signs about how no one except "authorized personnel" can use them right? All the while thousands of JW kids are sitting at home bored to death because they can't play sports or afford their own multi-million dollar private facilities.

"They bind heavy burdens...grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers". - Jesus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit