The Governing Body's credibility

by UnshackleTheChains 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• krismalone
    krismalone

The Governing Body have created their own alternative reality. They have 8.5 million souls that have been dragged into that world of fantasy where those 7 counterfeit apostles rule without any checks and balances.

To the real world, they are delusional clowns playing with the lives of millions but to their followers they are gods.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

I think that you just hit the nail on the head Krismalone, outside of the club they are just an obscure bunch of navel gazing wackos

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

If you think about it..the watchtower can't lose with its Armageddon teaching.

Sure...Armageddon is very close..in fact..just around the corner...and only the loyal jw will survive.

But

If it doesn't happen..well that's because Jehovah has delayed it to give more people a chance to become jw. So we need to spend more time spreading the good news.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    UtC - where does this now leave the Governing Body's credibility?

The Jobos love them and want to lick their arses.

The general public don't know them and don't care.

Ex JWs probably think they're hypocrites.

If I met a member of the GB, I would like to.............................you don't wanna know.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I echo what everyone else says, internally they are untouchable. Externally they are irrelevant.

• Half banana
    Half banana

To some of us engaged in exposing JWs, You Tube will keep supplying videos to meet our particular interest. The same sort of information to customer tailoring goes for those who live in the black hole of JW indoctrination.

I think that JW org are still a credible authority but only to those dyed in the wool believers with a life-time emotional investment in it. (And even many of these are waking up!)

However, as the recent annual statistics indicated, unless you live in a war zone or in poverty without the internet, there is little appeal any more to join the Watchtower cult.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In the beginning of the WTS back in the late 1800's it was easy to entice people toward the literature and adhere to the doctrines which were created by the WTS's own leaders ie. C T Russell but a lot has changed over the past 140 years.

There's more in depth education for one and people are more aware of corrupt religious charlatans trying to sell or gain money by their activity as self described Christian preachers.

Therefore the game has gotten a whole lot tougher for religious organizations (cults) like the WTS.

The WTS has been obviously a corrupt organization in the vein of fear mongering charlatanism. $$$

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

The Governing Body must surely be aware their credibility is in decline. Yet they continue to stick to their guns in believing their own BS when it comes to blood, child safeguarding, shunning etc.

Their promotion of legalistic and judgemental practices throughout the organisation will continue to be exposed. This in turn will inevitably continue to harm their credibility as leaders of the Watchtower Corporation.

For instance, in other organisations, we have often heard of whistle blowers who expose malpractice and various other issues. The leadership in some instances had to resign because of what had been exposed. This had to be done to maintain the reputation of the organisation as a whole.

For many many years, the Watchtower organisation is viewed by many as a cult, a high control religion. When Joe public hears the name 'Jehovahs Witnesses', in many cases the word 'cult' often comes to mind. Is that the kind of reputation the leadership of the organisation are happy to live with?

Yes they are nice people many will say, but don't they allow their children to have blood transfusions? Don't they allow their children to celebrate birthdays? Won't they let their children play with other children outside of the Religion? The list goes on.

In order for the organisation to start building a good reputation, they need to make some drastic changes to rid the organisation of its negative image.

If the leadership are sincere men, then things might start to happen. They would however have a mountain to climb in order to rid the organisation of its negative image past and present. In my opinion, the GBs credibility is at an all time low, not just in the minds of Joe public, and ex JW's, but also in the minds of many current JW's like myself.

The credibility of the Governing Body rests with the Governing Body and those with clout within the organisation.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Governing Body must surely be aware their credibility is in decline. Yet they continue to stick to their guns in believing their own BS when it comes to blood, child safeguarding, shunning etc.

Yes because they are delusional within their own self image of being above reproach and righteous.

Power is a very illusive and enticing thing, when men realize they have it along with a living source of income $$$ its very hard for them to let all go and abandon it, leaving behind that engaging power and consuming money.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

They never had any credibility with anyone outside of the organization, so I doubt media attention has changed that any. I do think they have lost credibility with some in the organization, not because of media attention, but because they chose to start appearing in videos and looking like idiots, obsessing over tight pants and other silly things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit