The Governing Body's credibility

by UnshackleTheChains 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Given the proliferation of websites, YouTube channels, books and other forms of media attention focusing on the extreme policies, teachings and scandals of the Watchtower Bible and tract society; where does this now leave the Governing Body's credibility?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Their credibility with who the gov, media the public or with JWs themselves?

Coz nobody where I live talking about the terrible horrible no-good very bad JWorg except ex-jws on the internet. So I'd say their cred is still intact by the default of nobody giving a shit.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

There has been the odd local story and two minute mentions here and there of the ARC and a convention but really nothin much at all.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The GB are really only focussed on controlling those "in-house".

Their efforts are going toward keeping those who are already JWs on the treadmill.

This makes sense, as NO SANE outsider would take them seriously.

So do they really have credibility? Well, to a "captive audience" the answer is yes....but even those "captives" are starting to see the 'crazy' just ooze out of the GB each month!

• sparky1
    sparky1

CREDIBILITY: 1. the quality or power of inspiring belief.

2. capacity for belief. - Merriam Webster Online Dictionary

They never had any credibility to begin with, except with the adherents of the Jehovah's Witness religion. No one else really takes notice or cares.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Let's face it, in Tiny town the big boys are untouchable.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

where does this now leave the Governing Body's credibility?

Answer = in the toilette

The open and available information about the Watchtower Corporation is revealing its inherent corruption and that's a good thing for all concerned.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

With approx. 8.5 million and counting ? I’d say there lies your answer.

They've stemmed the minds of those who matter with things like ... it doesn’t matter if you don’t understand our directives from a human standpoint just do what we say... and are in total control over the lives ,liberty and the pursuit of happiness for these 8.5 mil.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

As others have stated JWS are programed with an infusion of fear that Armageddon is soon going to hit mankind and the WTS and its GB leaders are ones instructing and showing the way to not be destroyed.

So when the GB say to remain loyal to Jehovah they inadvertently mean remain loyal to them and the organization.

Thats the game they play upon the public, by their own wording they have the true interpretation of the bible therefore they hold the identity of being the most righteous of organizations calling themselves Christians.

They also say Jehovah has solemnly chosen them so they hold the power over mankind through god's holy spirit.

The WTS leaders have been artists of manipulation to say the least .

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I expect that more they get exposed on the internet the more chances there are to reach the inner core of the active members, the more the lawsuits pile up, and the more they grab and liquidate assets,, the more loyal members will begin to suspect(putting 2+2) some thing is not right and start to do independent research unapologetically. The climate is pretty ripe for that right now.

I see a widening field loyal dubs getting completely turned off by their former slave drivers: the Governing Body.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit