Learning To Believe Again

by The_Seeker 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• The_Seeker
    The_Seeker

I was raised a JW and left the organization when I was 18 years old. Many thought I left because I wanted to live a life full of drugs, sex, and rock and roll, which was not true at all. I left because I realized that these people had no idea what they were talking about and were simply parroting what the, " Society " , told them to believe. Yes, I left because of doctrinal differences and questions they could not answer. It was simply wait on Jehovah and he will eventually make it all clear through. " New Light ". Yeah right. My problem was if this is God's chosen organization why would there have to be doctrinal changes, I believe God could have gotten it correct the first time and new light would not be necessary. I am disfellowshipped and it was by my own choosing, I never went to a judicial hearing because these men had no jurisdiction over me so why would I attend their hearing. They came to where I worked and told me they were about to take action against me and I told them to do whatever was required because neither them nor their organization held any power over me and the action they took was for their benefit not mine. That was 30 some odd years ago and I haven't been a member since and will never be in the future. I am shunned by half of my family and it has never bothered me in the least as this is their issue and not mine. I am now in my 50's and have never regretted my decision to leave the organization. I am not bitter in fact I truly feel sorry for those who are Witnesses as they are allowing an organization to control every aspect of their lives and they live in bondage to that organization everyday. Oh, they will say they are not in bondage, but I was there and I remember it quite well. I have tried to find a religious organization where I fit in, but alas when any Church tells me I have to live any other way than what I have read in the Bible, simply because it is part of their dogma I simply walk away. I am now a a spiritual person not a religious person and I see good in many religions, but I also see the influence of man. So I simply look to my heart and the beautiful creation around me and commune with God in my own way.

May the light always guide you and darkness never bar your path. In Love and Peace.

The Seeker

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Could this be the source of your name on here?

The Seeker

Welcome

• The_Seeker
    The_Seeker

Yes, it has a lot to do with my screen name, as I seek the Truth, not from man, but from the Divine.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

That's me too: Spiritual but not religious. If there's one thing I agree on with Rutherford, it's that religion is a snare and a racket.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

hello Seeker--welcome to the site.

are you willing to tell us your location-?-country i mean.

• The_Seeker
    The_Seeker

Yes I live In the Southern United States

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

How great to have worked that out so early on in your life.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Fantastic post! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I could not agree with you more. Glad you are living your life on YOUR terms.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    ...when any Church tells me I have to live any other way than what I have read in the Bible, simply because it is part of their dogma I simply walk away. I am now a a spiritual person not a religious person and I see good in many religions, but I also see the influence of man. So I simply look to my heart and the beautiful creation around me and commune with God in my own way.

I love this part of your post. Thanks for sharing.

• waton
    waton

great, and welcome. what are your latest insights? Beliefs. if any, you want to believe again please?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit