JW Restrictions on Children

by NotFormer 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Biahi
    Biahi

The problem with a joyless childhood is why two thirds leave as adults, I am one of them.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

JW childhood,, sucks.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Beth Sarim - “…For a religion that offers a hope of everlasting life on a paradise earth, is one of the most coercive, abusive, demanding, regulating, manipulative, sexual repressive groups out there."

It’s been a while since I’ve said the following, but I think it bears a repeat now and again, especially for those on the fence who still catch themselves asking “but what if it really is the Truth?”…

The Org has mentioned more than once that they intend to - for all intents and purposes - govern the world in the New System, with the Warwick compound functioning as the de facto planetary capital.

Seriously. I’m paraphrasing, but not much… I heard it with my own ears from the platform, and it’s been reiterated in publications from time to time.

Now, imagine the WTS being given control of a small country tomorrow.

I guarantee that within a decade, advances in science and medicine in that country would grind to a halt, creationism would be mandated in schools, all foreign entertainment would be banned, anything been resembling advanced education would be nonexistent, any kind of alternative sexual expression would be outlawed even between married heterosexual couples, disfellowshipped people would be imprisoned or deported, and “apostates” would be sentenced to death without possibility of appeal or reprieve.

Anyone who says otherwise is either lying or naive.

Now, imagine that regime encompassing the entire globe.

Indefinitely.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Vidiot, the interesting thing about your suggestion is that those countries already pretty well exist. Some of the Islamic states, and even North Korea, look very much like the country you are describing. It doesn't take much of a stretch of the imagination to create the visual image of a country run along the lines of ideology.

One hurdle in the development of a JW state would be in the fact that they would very early in the piece need to have a police force (and very probably a military!). We'd soon see what side their bread is buttered on when that happened!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit