New on silent lambs regards vicki boer case

by needs_lots 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• needs_lots
    needs_lots

Silent lambs just sent me this. i thought you all might like to read it.

http://www.silentlambs.org/newsletter/NewsLetterItem.cfm?SendoutID=157

I would love an opinion.

vicki

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    Watchtower ?compassion? is once again seen for what it really is, a greedy corporation that punishes and silences child abuse survivors that are victims of their policy on abuse.

I would have to say that pretty well sums it up!

I admire your strength and courage. You are an inspiration!

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, Vicki, I am not surprised that the WTS will use every secular legal means not to be seen as culpable in your situation. They are like the Pharisees of Jesus' day. They killed Jesus' rather than have to admit he was the Messiah.

Every time I read about your case, I wonder if I could have done the same if it had happened later

I'm glad you have a loving husband and children (?) to bring joy to your life.

You have set an example for those who come after you.

Blondie

• Beans
    Beans

The Watchtower will never stop the fight, the average Joe JW will not see much of this which will not help the cause. And if they do read it, there train of thought will block it out. Some gret points in this article though!

How can you say you wish to help people when you publicly destroy child abuse survivors in the courts?

• bebu
    bebu

I'm not brilliant with interpreting all of what was implicated. I understand that the WTS has "generously" decided to not pursue legal costs, but the condition is for Vicki to forego the $5k settlement--in other words, you must also lose...

Look at it this way if it helps: the WTS is out $142K. That's better than any of us have ever helped them lose. And your publicity has uncovered to millions of people how vile the WTS really is in reality.

I, for one, am glad (if I've understood it correctly) that the WTS has backed off its demands. They must have received quite a few complaints more than they expected, and got nervous. Good!

Vicki, I don't know if I got it all right, but at any rate I do hope things are going much better for you these days!!

bebu

• shamus
    shamus

Vicki,

I think this is great! I think that the public should hear about these bastards.

• Gadget
    Gadget

Vicki,

I'm glad the wtbts has backed down on this, its just a pity they wouldn't cover your legal costs too. And also that the letter writing campaign paid off, even if just the responses from the wtbts help to support your argument.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Vicki,

I had hoped to make it to the apostafest last Saturday evening to hang out with you guys but things just didn't work out for me that day. I'm really glad though, that WT dropped the costs for you, but disappointed in general for how things went for you and your trial. I really think with a better suited lawyer for the case, that the WT lawyers would not have been unreasonably difficult to beat. I give you alot of credit for hanging in there and doing the best you could. I think it is a shame that it takes so much money to even hope to win sometimes in these legal systems.

As for the newsletter, I really think Silentlambs needs a more "PR" conscious writer that can say what needs to be said in a more palatable way. As it is, the article lacked balance, is angry and resentful. Perhaps rightly so, but I doubt it is helpful in reaching a broader audience with their message or in helping abuse survivors to focus on positive feelings and directions in life.

Path

• 68storm
    68storm

Bon Giorno Vicki,

It was great finally meeting you. Your situation sparked up some very disturbing thoughts for me. (Must be the southern Italian blood) I tend to cast aside the "Political Correctness" when the latin adrenalin starts flowing. It has been truly a blessing that I did not run into someone while driving through Shelburne every weekend this past summer.

I would have enjoyed meeting Scott when you were here, but it was nice meeting your brother.

I am certain that the letter writing campaign, had an effect on their decission to drop the costs issue. I also wrote to all that were on the list, plus some others. I only had one response (from the Solicitor General I think?) and it was a one liner similar to what you get from the wts. It simply stated that they could not comment on a private legal matter.

You are truly brave and an inspiration for others to follow in your footsteps. I am a very nominal Catholic and applaud the people that had the courage to stand up to the church. I am certain that in the future, the church will be more aware of the potential risk and act accordingly.

I hope that I have the pleasure of seeing you and Scott in the near future.

68storm

• Mulan
    Mulan
    As for the newsletter, I really think Silentlambs needs a more "PR" conscious writer that can say what needs to be said in a more palatable way. As it is, the article lacked balance, is angry and resentful. Perhaps rightly so, but I doubt it is helpful in reaching a broader audience with their message or in helping abuse survivors to focus on positive feelings and directions in life.

Good points, Path. Nice to hear from you again.

Vicki, hope you can move on now. I imagine this has been an unbelievable nightmare for you and your family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit