Science corner

by The Real Edward Gentry 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I was speaking with Larry at a convention and he gave me food for thought. According to the latest research by Dr. Moody (Georgia Tech) our memory may well be stored outside of our brain

Who could say for sure or what purpose it would serve to have ones memory stored somewhere else. I suppose if you had a head injury, you could download all of the memories you might have lost. Either way, it's safe to conclude that as one of the "anointed" Larry is used to engaging in magical thinking that has no real evidence and would be the first one to be on board with such an idea.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Folks I think this guy is truly a believing JWS who has come here not to discuss anything but to throw out information that underling supports his beliefs in a disingenuous way.

Take a look at his thread topics he started in the past and you can see a pattern.

Its always in support of bible beliefs and note that he never openly discuses the topics he starts, well that would be talking to apostates wouldn't now.

This kind of forum behavior is typical of a hit run JWS who starts a topic leaves it then comes back a day or so later to start another topic, usually on the same premise ideology of bible support.

• waton
    waton

I think, with tongue in cheek he has fun, and so should we, any exposure of jw think as loony deserves our support.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So Edward Gentry whats your story ? you stated that were involved with the JWS, how long ?

and are you still attending meetings ?

Are you DFed ?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Maybe I've just been so long away from this kind of illogical thinking or reasoning maybe i have aqauired a loss of entertainment from this kind of satire ???

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Please The Real Edward Gentry post this crap in the COMEDY section.

• The Real Edward Gentry
    The Real Edward Gentry
    So Edward Gentry whats your story ? you stated that were involved with the JWS, how long ?
  • The Real Edward Gentry
    The Real Edward Gentry

I was involved for for over 30 years.

On a business trip to California, a co-worker asked me to attend a Full Gospel Businessman's Luncheon. This is what prompted me to exit the organisation. That doesn't mean that there aren't things I don't still agree with.

But the luncheon opened my eyes. God is doing amazing things in the lives of men all over the world. Of course i'm mostly familiar with the United States. I met people there who were jewish who knew Jesus. Catholics. A man from Jamaica. If you've never attended one id encourage you to.

• jp1692
    jp1692

You mistitled this thread. It should be THE PSEUDOSCIENCE CORNER.

Tin foil hats required, coat and ties optional.

A theory with no evidence is just a theory

No. A “theory” with no evidence is not even a hypothesis, it’s just speculation.

• cofty
    cofty
    a co-worker asked me to attend a Full Gospel Businessman's Luncheon

What do you mean by "Full" (with an upper-case "F) gospel Edward? How does it differ from what most christians would understand by the gospel?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit