The writing department

by tornapart 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tornapart
    tornapart

Thanks Oub!

• millie210
    millie210

There was a Sunday study article a year or so back (when I was still going) that made a point about the need to recognize how very hard it is on some to make meetings or to do anything at all spiritually speaking.

The article said to just make a meeting can be more of an effort for some than pioneering for someone who has better circumstances.

It also said to look at the efforts of others in that light.

I sat there thinking, amen! Of course the reason it was "hard" for me was because I had just had enough of the rhetoric and the spinning but still, they had the part about it being hard to be there right!

As it turns out, that was my last Sunday appearance at a Kingdom Hall. I left that day thinking that they had made a good point in that study article but it was really too little too late in my case.

Besides, for every one thing they say that borders on kind or "normal" there are at least 3 xs as many articles written in such a way that it makes you want to slap your forehead in disbelief.

I feel for you tornapart. I held on as long as I could too. Some of us have a lot to weigh out family wise, thats for sure!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It seems to me that many times in the past there was a pendulum swing to the themes at the assemblies and conventions. Occasionally there would be all the commendation for all you are doing and Jehovah knows your limits and He knows you are giving you best. Keep up the good work. WOW. Just wow!

Then the next one would be them bringing back out the whips and condemning everyone as a slacker that needs to do more.

Doc

The beatings will continue until moral improves!

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Helpers to Governing Body Committees

Writing Committee

• Robert Ciranko

• James Mantz

• Izak Marais

• Gene Smalley

• John Wischuk

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    As 98% of the drivel is just re-hashed material, should not the Writing Committee be more aptly named the "ReWriting Committee"?
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

There was a writer about 10-12 years ago who must have been French because he quoted from French Bible Encyclopedias all the time. Those articles were refreshing, then the ceased abruptly. I always wondered who he was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit