The writing department

by tornapart 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tornapart
    tornapart
    I don't go to many meetings now. I still feel the need to go every now and again for my husband's sake. I usually go on a Sunday, maybe once a month or so and I look at the WT article under discussion to see if I can stomach it before I go, a lot of the time I feel I just can't do it. However, I have noticed in the past that every so often there is an article I feel I can just about do it, generally kinder, more christian and less dogmatic. I was wondering if maybe there is at least one person there who is softer than the others, Also, I want to know which GB member is in charge? Any thoughts?
  • sir82
    sir82

David Ianelli was, maybe still is, on the writing committee.

If you ever heard him give a talk, you could instantly recognize the articles he wrote, or least contributed heavily to. Certain phrases, a certain style, a certain emphasis.

He was very big on imitating Jesus' kindness, compassion, mercy, etc.

I haven't seen anything clearly in his style for many years though, which makes me wonder what happened to him.

With so many cutbacks there is a need for far fewer actual writers. Maybe he got reassigned.

Anybody out there know for sure?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Nah, don't fall for it, it's just "mother" playing "good cop bad cop" to keep you confused and confounded.

Cult psychology 101. Keep em confused with conflicting tones.

• tornapart
    tornapart
    sir82 .. yes, I'm sure there is at least one person who has been like this there. For the last couple of years maybe I haven't noticed these softer articles.. Maybe it's possible that, like some of the more kindly elders, they either feel like they are fighting a losing battle and have left, or the hardliners have pushed them aside.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette
    What SparrowDown said!
  • tornapart
    tornapart
    Don't worry Sparrowdown and Oub... I'm not falling for anything. It's just that having to sit through something like this, even if only for 1 hour a month, makes it easier if it's kinder. Also, having said that, Ray Franz was a GB member for 10 years..... and he was genuine. If it wasn't for him many of us, me included would never have completely woken up.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Personally, I think there is more chance of the easter bunny existing than a soft, gentle voice hidden in the WT writing department.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I hear you tornapart, whatever gets you through the meeting.

Maybe drawing horns and moustaches on the artworks along with funny thought bubbles would be more therapeutic. It worked for me.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

TA, I don't worry about you, but I do feel for you. It's painful to listen to all that drivel in the WT.

Again, what SparrowDown said!

• tornapart
    tornapart

LOL Sparrowdown, sounds like a good idea!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit