matured mentally

by Akid48 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• Akid48
    Akid48

I dont know if any one else is feeling this but after waking up i feel like i matured mentally etc.

Im only 13 maybe its just me but i wanted to know if any had this feeling Just a quick post.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Absolutely, and for you this young to see things clearly while surrounded by delusional adults, you've got to feel so much more mature. Good for you.

• Cimarrona
    Cimarrona

Congratulations to you for being 13 and waking up. I don't know you but I'm proud nonetheless. I've found that I've matured mentally, emotionally, and intellectually - and six years later, there's still so much more maturing to do. Keep the not-faith, kid.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I was painfully aware of how immature and naive my thought processes had been. I was in my 40's and had to start learning how to think as a mature, informed person.

I am happy for you that you have this keen awareness at such an early age.

Hope all is calm within your home and family.

-Aude Sapere (meaning: Dare to know; Dare to have wisdom/understanding; Dare to think for yourself)

• zeb
    zeb

Well done tread carefully. Many adults around you will not share your discovery nor respect it.

"I never mind questions I can not answer but I do not like answers I can not question.".. anon.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Well done AKid48 just be careful who you open up to about waking up to TTATT at 13 your still under the guardianship of your parents and you do need to keep on good terms with them .

Tread carefully and all the best for your future.You have many friends here to advise you if you need any help.

• amicabl
    amicabl

Good on you for waking up at thirteen. My three daughters woke up in their teens. The eldest informed the youngest who grasped it quickly. I was baptised at 27, left at 34, came back at 48 because of my wife. Left for good at 69 this year.

Keep reading and watching videos etc. to keep yourself out so you don' t waste your life. It goes by quickly I can assure you.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The truth is a beautiful thing, keep on track with your education to improve your intellectual maturity further.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Yeah, you mature a lot when you leave the cult - they seek to keep people trapped in child-like thought patterns of good/evil, black/white dichotomy and complete belief in and reliance upon authority figures. Once you start to question, start to realize that there are shades of grey and that no one has authority over you unless you give it to them, that's when the world starts to become so much more complex and interesting. When you start seeing the world more accurately and more critically, it can really change how you think and act in big ways.

Also, I second the congratulations on waking up at 13. It took me 15 years longer than it did you - you're going to do well in this life. Just hang in there dealing with your family for a couple years and you'll be great!

• just fine
    just fine

It also helps you to see that having such narrow views really limits JWs lives. What other people are doing rarely has much of an effect on me. I don't need to judge them, punish them, condemn them to eternal destruction. It is very freeing to realize that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit