Unbelievable similarities: beautiful, empathetic interview with ex Mormon gal

by Diogenesister 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Wonderfully warm interview from "Stop the Shunning" channel host Beth, with ex Mormon Morgan ( Ex Morgan).

Morgan describes her young life and the process of waking up or, in Mormon parlance, her "shelf breaking". There really are so many things we have in common, from young marriage to feeling personally responsible for saving everyone you have contact with that's not of your religion. Morgan also describes both her father, her husband and her own fear of losing family and loved ones at the same time as loosing her religion and difficulty we all have whilst pretending we still believe or being PiMO.

Highly recommended viewing.https://youtu.be/upxirjVTpec

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

6 of one, half dozen of another.

just saying!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thanks Diog I'll come back to it and have a look.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

This is a fantastic video! I had to keep reminding myself that she was talking about being a Mormon. The similarities are stunning.

It was worth the watch. I think what she says at the end is perfect. It gets better. Keep moving forward!! You are worthy and valuable! Great advise.

Thank you for posting this video. Thank you to Beth too. She and John are helping so many!!!

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Thanks for posting. IMO it's important for former JWs to understand our experience is not unique and that millions have faced similar hard times deciding to leave a high control religion.

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks for posting. I enjoy learning about 'apostates' of all sorts of groups.

Jenna Miscavige's story is worth a read too. So many similarities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit