VOTE FOR A CAMPGROUND PLEASE

by pettygrudger 28 Replies latest jw friends

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Since Thunder Bay & Nova Scotia are 36 hours drive time apart, I realize that we aren't all gonna get something within a stone's throw....so I've picked listed 3 different campgrounds (area's) - please vote & whichever gets the most votes will be the one I go with - as they are all within 16 hours of me (and yes it's all about me!)

#1: http://www.lafontaine-ent.on.ca/ - This is in The Georgian Bay, Ontario Area (I saw your Batchawana Bay Idea Calamity - but the area is the same - we can pick the campground next if this is selected)

#2: http://ontarioparks.com/english/slee.html (Thunder Bay, Ontario Area)

#3: http://www.narrowscamping.com/ (Maine, United States)

Okay, pick the area most convenient to you, and we'll go from there!

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

But if we are doing run-off voting, #1 is my second choice...lol

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Well, number 1 is obviously the most convenient for me, and probably the most central location for all. But I don't mind either of the other locations. The drive along Hywy 17 between Sault Ste Marie and Thunder bay is very hilly, and very scenic. Keep in mind you coffee lovers, that people in Northern Ontario have no idea about the acceptable preparation of coffee, and you can usually see through a pot of coffee. So bring your own beans, grinder, and coffeemaker so you can drink the real stuff!

Walter

• calamityjane
    calamityjane
    Keep in mind you coffee lovers, that people in Northern Ontario have no idea about the acceptable preparation of coffee, and you can usually see through a pot of coffee

Excuse me? You haven't had a pot of my camp coffee.

P.S. We also have Tim Horton's throughout the city here. We can either make a trip to Thunder Bay from the campground for freshly brewed at the local Tim Horton's or I usually buy the Tim Horton's ground coffee and make that our special morning treat for camping.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Most Tent Camp Sites along the Madawaska River, Campground C, Pog Lake Campground, Algonquin Park, Ontario, Canada.

You have to see the privacy and be in the young red pines to get a sense of what I am talking about.

I know I am not answering the question but I just thought I would share.

hawk

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Excuse me? You haven't had a pot of my camp coffee.

Looking forward to trying it!

Tim Hortons is good! I guess I've just wandered into the wrong places, where the coffee tasted like they were reusing the old grounds!

I tend to drink my coffee strong and black, same with expresso and Turkish.

I just like everything with a bit of a bite, whether it be coffee, cigars, whiskey or food. Hmmmm, women too!

Walter

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

I'll bite if you insult us N.W. Ontario women, again.

I can't stand a weak cup of coffee, tastes like dishwater. I don't know anyone who does like weak coffee around here.

If this all works out for xjw_b12 and I, we will be looking forward to meeting everyone.

My first pick for campground would of course be #2, Second choice is #1

• Badger
    Badger

I'd be coming from Texas...half a dozen of one...

• needs_lots
    needs_lots

I hear Maine is beautiful. I vote #3. Besides its close to me, and I have never been. Sounds like fun. Then everyone can come to my house.

vicki

• morty
    morty

I dont have Mr Morty here to tell me which one is closer so, I will go with the one that is closest.....I am thinking 1 or 2.....Just a guess...you can figure it our for me cant you Petty.......you have a good sense of direction....lol....i will ask him this wekend.....

morty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit