wt's tale of the two mothers.

by waton 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• waton
    waton

in retrospect, for lurkerking fence sitters. , today's( May 30 ) study article.:

A mother un lovingly, on "apostate" advice, does everything, right and wrong to keep her daughter from becoming a wt slave.

in a previous article, a mother, upon having her son leave the so called wt "truth", decides never to talk to him again in any way, becomes an ueber wt slave aka pioneer. how loving both examples.

that is how afraid wt is that diddenters get a hearing ear. discover the truth that sets free.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

?????????

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

On....

A girl and mother studied but the mother did research, hence the apostate influence caused her to oppose the daughter.

The other is the e usual extreme shunning put forth as admirable.

BTW. Where are all the men lately? Seems to be single mothers and women in almost all the skits.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yesterday’s WT study article put forward some thoughts that I was not comfortable with. It dealt with enduring persecution with joy , particularly persecution from family. In my view that only encourages the persecution complex that too many dubs have anyway.

The experience given was a teen girl 14/15, whose mother opposed her studying . She used “apostate arguments” that did not break her faith. Sadly she also resorted to physical abuse . Eventually the girl was put in a home with delinquent youngsters. ( I wondered if she was removed for her own safety?) Anyway she is now grown and a JW relating the experience.

That is a sad case, child abuse is never right so we cannot support the Mother .

The article overall left the reader convinced that persecution was inevitable, it was to be endured as evidence that they were true Christians, and it will all be made right at the end.

• waton
    waton
    Sadly she also resorted to physical abuse

BB, rtn, thank you for filling in the details for otwo. I found it offensive that in the story, wt linked the physical abuse to the contact with the "apostates", that is more of a wt reaction, they have stated they would, and will kill them given the opportunity.

In the other, earlier story, what could be labelled as "physical abuse", would of course be overdone "loving discipline from jehovah" , the "rod of correction"..

I just liked to link those two wt mother stories, Wt implies that abandoning a child for life is the proper course. cruelly persecuting the dissenters.

When you look at the deadly persecution of minorities around the world, by the millions, wt adherents are really cry babies. nothing unique, not a identifying mark of the uniquely true religion or community.

• waton
    waton

OnTheWayOut7 hours ago
    ?????????

in other words who is more cruel, a mother in desperation hitting out at her daughter for joining a cult or

a fanatical devotee, shunning a son for life, never wanting to talk to them again, no matter what? with no way, --out!

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

It's certainly clever, and a little nasty, to link apostate arguments to an abusive family member. The author knew what they were doing when they put that detail in.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Religion should never influence are instigate the breaking up of families, but the JWS religion is one that does.

.......and that's why the JWS gets labeled a cult many times.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I doubt that many of these "experiences" are genuine. I suspect the majority are made up to fit the current article agenda.

George

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    Yesterday’s WT study article put forward some thoughts that I was not comfortable with. It dealt with enduring persecution with joy , particularly persecution from family. In my view that only encourages the persecution complex that too many dubs have anyway.

The Watchtower has always proclaimed that the "persecution" of Witnesses is proof positive that they have "the truth". The Watchtower refers to Jesus statement that his followers would be persecuted as he was as a slave is not greater than the master. What they fail to see is that Jesus was referring to Christians being persecuted for being followers of Christ. What happens to Witnesses is due to their being a cult and their practices that violate laws.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit