Were You Ever Interested In Early Watchtower History?

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

It becomes easy to be a believer when the proclamations you make are creating money and power for yourself.

Russell and Rutherford were faithful slaves to themselves, their own words, their own teachings, not Jesus's words and teachings.

They were the essential false prophet apostates, the evil slave that the bible warned about and taught not to listen to.

JWs are just people that were lured and coerced by these men for exploitation and manipulation purposes involving the distribution of the literature the WTS published.

• minimus
    minimus

The Dawn Bible Students program was one of those shows you had to try to sneak since they were the Evil Slave. I didn’t see much difference in those shows than the Witnesses.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Didn't Rutherford at one time call the IBSA members who wouldn't follow him who rather wanted to stick to Russell's teachings the Evil Slave ?

One thing one can honestly say about Rutherford he had great balls to call himself the chosen one (FDSL) by god and demonize others who wouldn't accept his professed doctrines .

A false prophet apostate calling other people/organizations the evil slave, how ironic !

• minimus
    minimus

What is the Witness view of the Evil Slave now? I remember that it changed the last few years???

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

I think the biggest shock of what the WTS was selling back in the early 1800's was Pyramidology and what 1914 was first suppose to mean.

Then how J Rutherford took over the WTS after Russell died, the roots of the organization's corruption were certainly laid when he took over the WTS.

• zachias
    zachias

If I had known the history of the wt I would have left it then and there.

• Earnest
    Earnest

minimus : What is the Witness view of the Evil Slave now?

The Watchtower of 15th July 2013 which discussed the new understanding of the faithful and discreet slave also spoke about the evil slave :

Was Jesus foretelling that there would be an evil slave class in the last days? No. Granted, some individuals have manifested a spirit similar to that of the evil slave described by Jesus. We would call them apostates, whether they were of the anointed or of the “great crowd.” (Rev. 7:9) But such ones do not make up an evil slave class. Jesus did not say that he would appoint an evil slave. His words here are actually a warning directed to the faithful and discreet slave.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Yes ,but I was blinded by their "light getting brighter as the day draws near" teaching.

• Nikolaus
    Nikolaus

I still think it is fascinating history,

• minimus
    minimus

Earnest, it shows how the Watchtower changes their minds just like that while they vilify their brethren for decades and decades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit