Family division

by joao 24 Replies latest social family

• joao
    joao

Hi everybody!

The worst part of my experience of getting rid of the shackles of WT is not the shunning. I can live with that. If people don't want to talk to me, there are many more who do! That's how you know who your friends really are! The worst part is when your own family, wife and daughter, keep wanting to waste their time, family time, attending meetings and not helping doing something as a family and don't allow you to be the Head of a good Christian family. This is what I really struggle with.

Even though I'm trying to take it calmly, it's really tough!

I know that it all results from their fear of being shunned and put aside if they leave. But they don't want to because of emotional and social reasons, not because of their love for God.

This is just sad...

• waton
    waton

Joao, remind the good ladies in your life, that, as in today's daily text 1, II , 3 (1 Cor 11, 3) wt states, that your are the head of the family, no matter what your religious wt status. Its basic truth, like 1,2,3.

use that fact gently.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When I left the Jobots, my wife left me. It was on the recommendation of the elders(tm).

I wasn't doing anything wrong other than learning that the WTBT$ was a cult.

She's married to another Jobot now....not sure if she they in trouble for it or not. I don't care.

All I know is that the WTBT$ own you and will destroy you if you leave.

I'd say that the cult leaders need destroying in the worst possible way.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m sorry you are going through that joao ,I hope you are coping as well as can be expected.

Take care,

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Joao:

Be kind. Be compassionate. Be happy.

The Watchtower teaches that non-Jehovah's Witnesses cannot do those things. Especially being happy. That is because the Watchtower ignorant of what happiness is and how it works.

Be a living, breathing proof that people can be good and not be a Jehovah's Witness. Concentrate on what you have going well for you in your life. Do not dwell on what you don't like.

• joao
    joao

Do not dwell on what you don't like.

@TBK

You're right. The problem is the feeling that, even though I've left, the WT still has its claws on those I love and still controls part of our lives.

• Simon
    Simon

It's a slow process of trying to wean them off the "drug" of the WTS and replace it with something better.

Of course you can't guarantee that you will ... but you can enjoy trying, and thinking up things to do that strengthen the family experience so that it hopefully pushes out the need for them to dedicate so much time to the religion.

Good luck.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Olá João!

It sucks, for sure. My own marriage was on the rocks for a while as my wife struggled with the idea of me (and my son) distancing ourselves from "the truth" while she tried to hold on to her beliefs as much as she could.

She had mixed days. Sometimes she would seem to listen to our criticism of the Watchtower, then something would trigger her and she would go ballistic and in full defense mode.

Our marriage was on the rocks for a while, when I feared that she might well choose the religion over her marriage. People in high places in Bethel in Alcabideche told her in no uncertain terms that she should consider a biblical separation because I, as an apostate, under my laid back surface, was just a monster in disguise, kind of a ware wolf that may turn under the moonlight.

I decided that no amount of words and "proof" would get results; I just would be the best person I could be for her, and braced myself for a long, 'cold war' marriage, that someday might end up in a split of her initiative.

Fortunately, being patient and loving paid off because my wife saw the light by herself, and reached her own conclusions by connecting the dots after stumbling on Barbara Anderson's website. Maybe it was hearing it from a woman's voice, maybe it was the child sex abuse that ticked her ... in any case, she made the best decision one fine morning and just told it to a dumbfounded husband.

João, if you love your wife and I'm sure you do, just be patient and give her some room to breathe. In time her eyes will start seeing the cracks on the surface of the WT. Brace yourself for the 'winter', hoping that spring comes next.

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

Been there, and more.

You are more blessed than most of us as you are retaliative new to the journey of shunning.

I am in California. Which means that in a very FEW months the molestation law suites will be filed. Last year about October the law suites in NY were filed about 2 months prior to the close of window of legal exemption of statute of limitations. That window will close here in Calif. 12-31-2022. How many cases have Anderson/Zalkin consortium have waiting to be filed just prior to deadline?

Add to that the those upcoming molestation cases to the coming out of the pandemic and back into meeting routine low attendance. That should equal a KH sell off at an accelerated rate.

So I am saying you have a "DATE" to focus on 12-31-2022. Some time between now and then the JW world will be shaken when those law suites are filed. It will be a big deal! I use this site to monitor what is going on behind the walls of 'shunning'. Do the same yourself. Keep your mouth shut, allow those law suites do the thinking. Until then if possible when they go to meeting you go for a walk.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I walked away 20 years ago. If people don't want to talk to me because they think I follow Satan, Well, that's their opinion. It is so High School if you stop and think about it. I have other people who do talk to me including family. They can't stop me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit