I'll Be Walking Into The Convention Arena Today

by pale.emperor 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I work in the city, the Liverpool convention is this weekend. What better way to spend my lunch hour than pop over to the Liverpool Echo Arena and see my daughter. Im in jeans, tshirt, adidas tracksuit jacket and worldly beard. Let's hope they try and accost me on my way in;)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Paley - Let us know how it went. I'd be surprised if you were met with anything other than apathy.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

That's a great idea letting your daughter you are there, letting the witnesses know you are not afraid of them.

Good for you PE you're not fading away into the sunset.

• Chook
    Chook

Someone low on their monthly hours will try and convert you. Your daughters day at convention is like Daniel in the lions pen. JWs are the roaring lion . Go slay that wild beast to protect your little one.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

@pale.emperor

That's my congregation's convention.

I also have sister there. She hasn't spoken to me since 1991...wouldn't even talk to me at our dad's funeral.

Apparently, I'm not good enough to be a JW unlike her who thinks she sits on God's right hand. So if you see a woman in her early 60s with a halo around her head, say hi from me!

Hope it goes well. Please let us know.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Phoebe - I'm glad you're away from those delusional people.

her who thinks she sits on God's right hand.

Oh, boy. Me and my naughty mind

I hear the a$$embĀ£ies are all just sitting watching a big TV screen now.......a bit like in 1984

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

@punkofnice

hahahaha...I meant 'at God's right hand' oops!

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I have been informed by two trusted JW sources that 2 sisters at different conventions - one in England and one in Scotland - were refused entry to the arenas because they didn't have lapel badges!

Be prepared P.E. :)

Anyone else experienced this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqomZQMZQCQ

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I know of a DF jobo (trying to get RI), was flamed by the elders for daring to wear a lapel badge at the CONvention. Judgemental milkmen and window cleaners with an over-bloated sense of their own importance. They anger me.

@Phoebe - Freudian slip?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I have been informed by two trusted JW sources that 2 sisters at different conventions - one in England and one in Scotland - were refused entry to the arenas because they didn't have lapel badges!

Be prepared P.E. :smile:

Anyone else experienced this?

I'm prepared...

"Excuse me but isn't this convention open to the public?"

"Wern't you all giving out invitations all over town?"

"Do you own this arena?"

"Are you attempting to stop me seeing my daughter?"

"I'm told this is a wonderful meeting with spiritual food. I've come to enjoy it too."

If all fails I'll just go in through the far left entrance which is for conferences, meetings etc and walk right into the area from there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit