DF'ing: The "Right Kind" Of Repentance.

by Englishman 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Confession
    Confession

BIB, so sorry to hear of all this.

Speaking as a former elder who used to be involved in judicial committees, I now recognize this process and practice as entirely draconian. Their use of it is a perversion of scripture.

I don't know where you "are" mentally. For many of us, unfortunately, it took a life-changing event (such as yours) to give us the good shaking we needed. It gave us permission to conduct an objective investigation into the organization. If this is indeed what you're going through, I hope you will soon see "the truth about The Truth" as clearly as those of us who've gone before you.

Please stay if you feel it helps. (It did for me.)

• BecauseImBroken
    BecauseImBroken

Thanks Guys I'm not exactly crazy :-) Depression/Anxiety Hypertension And for some reason I've got a really short temper now. NONE of these things mattered; because my repentance wasn't right. BULL. Where would I go about posting the ENTIRE story; committee meetings and all so you folks can really see what went on? Elders can be treachorous.

• serendipity
    serendipity

(((( BIB ))), and welcome!

I can totally understand your feelings. I got df'd when I was single, and pregnant just because the elders thought I should have known better than to fornicate. I appealed. The appeal committee also agreed. I asked both committees if they thought I was repentent and they both said Yes. The whole process is a joke. I asked both committees who would help me, since all my relatives were JWs. They said it was my problem. So much for the love.

I hope you have medication and/or therapy to help you through your depression. Even though it's hard, perhaps you could get involved with a support group or even a group of ex-JWs in your area. I wish you the best.

• BecauseImBroken
    BecauseImBroken

Part of my JC was about the fornication with my ex-fiance Who is pregnant And apparently showed the 'right' kind of repentance (aka her elders who disliked me were happy to hear her blame me for things) so she got off with a public reproof! pregnant with a public reproof? I thought it was impossible to get away with that one. But since I was the scapegoat in the situation, she got away. Again, where do I post this story? And as far as the health and whatnot: zoloft/xanax/norvasc(blood pressure) My new roommate is DF'ed and both of our fathers are elders. Fortunately, my folks haven't shunned me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit