Kingdumb songs, will they someday make the top 25 Religious Hymns???

by James Mixon 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Well it would have have to be after Uncle Joe's death 1945 (?) as he

banned music in the Kingdom Halls,

I love Uncle Joe

Not

• stillin
    stillin

Kingdumb Songs will mostly vanish for aye. Like the mendacious men.

• btlc
    btlc

Ah, memories...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Kingdumb songs are the worst. Bible studies laughed and the WT conductor made fun of the song on Sunday.

Maybe the WTBTS will make a musical? Their new "worldly" Sinatra-wannabe/ video star could "take the lead." 😎

DD

• sparky1
    sparky1

Wow btlc.......................This Fall I was cleaning out my barn and threw away this entire collection of 'Kingdom Melodies'.

edit: Welcome to the forum, btlc. The photo of the record albums was a nice touch!

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Do you think that the music has been getter or worse over the years?

:0)

• Londo111
    Londo111

I think it's part of the sign of the last days... :)

• btlc
    btlc

@sparky1 ty! This was a rarely used, spare set in our cong in the mid of 1980', I was in charge for gramophone, and elder told me: "Take care of this vinyl, bro" so I took care :)

• sir82
    sir82

I always liked how they had to force 2 syllable words into one syllable to make the rhymes work.

There was one where they rhymed "heav'n" (heaven) with "giv'n" (given).

It was like forcing yourself to sing with a speech impediment.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The tread title must compete for the most ludicrous ever ! (not meaning to be offensive, just stating my contempt for the new songs)... This bunch of ditties deserve to be consigned to the trash can of lamentable failures.

Trouble is the "sheep" all say how much they like them. They either fib or have no musical taste whatsoever ...Thankfully Sis Blues doesn't , though, her disgust is greater than mine..

Some of them are surprisingly funky, in a crappy sort of way..I don't know how to upload an mp3 to this site , but the music to song 142 which they sung last Sunday was rather jaunty.. no good for choral singing though

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit