Were can you find Jesus' witnesses?

by Kosonen 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

In the Revelation book it talks about Jesus' witnesses. Were are they? Were are true witnesses of Jesus, not those who teach that Jesus is the Almighty God, but really true witnesses of Jesus.

This is what the Revelation book ways about witnesses of Jesus:

19:10 ..... brothers who have the work of witnessing concerning Jesus. Worship God! For the witness concerning Jesus is what inspires prophecy.”

12:17....who observe the commandments of God and have the work of bearing witness concerning Jesus.

20:4 I saw the souls of those executed for the witness they gave about Jesus and for speaking about God,

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Hi, Kosonen!

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

For any new members who never saw my NWT scriptures about "witnesses" and the importance/usage of Jesus' name, here they are again:

(Matthew 10:18) ....before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness....

(Mark 13:9) ...be put on the stand......for my sake, for a witness to them.

(Luke 24:48) You are to be witnesses of these things.

(John 1:15) John bore witness about him, (Jesus)

(John 5:37) And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me.

(John 8:18) ...bears witness about myself, and the Father..bears witness about me.”

(John 15:26, 27) ....bear witness about me; and you, in turn, are to bear witness....

(Acts 1:8) ..witnesses of me in Jerusalem,.....the most distant part of the earth.”

(Acts 9:15, 16) But the Lord said to him: “Go! because this man is a chosen vessel to me to bear my name [Jesus] to the nations as well as to kings and the sons of Israel. For I will show him plainly how many things he must suffer for my name.” [Jesus]

(Acts 10:39) And we are witnesses of all the things he did.......

(Acts 10:43) To him (Jesus) all the prophets bear witness....

(Acts 13:31) .......These are now his witnesses to the people.

(Acts 22:15) because you are to be a witness for him (Jesus) to all men......

(Acts 22:20) and when the blood of Stephen your witness...

(Acts 23:11) ....witness about me in Jerusalem,.....also bear witness in Rome.”

(Acts 26:16) .....a witness .....................respecting me.

(1 Corinthians 1:6) ...the witness about the Christ has been made firm among you,

(1 Timothy 2:6, 7) ...this is what is to be witnessed to in its own due time.

(2 Timothy 1:8) ....the witness about our Lord.......

(1 John 5:9) ....this is the witness God gives, the witness.....about his Son.

(Revelation 1:9) ......bearing witness concerning Jesus.

(Revelation 12:17) ....have the work of bearing witness concerning Jesus.

(Revelation 17:6) ......and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus.

(Revelation 19:10) ....witnessing concerning Jesus...the witness concerning Jesus...

(Revelation 20:4) ...for the witness they gave about Jesus......

Christians were to be witnesses of Christ. He - not humans - was assigned to be God's witness:

(Revelation 1:5) "....Jesus Christ, “the Faithful Witness,”

(Revelation 3:14) "....the faithful and true witness.."

(Revelation 19:11) "And the one seated on it is called Faithful and True,.."

Also, Christians were never told to do anything in/for God's name.

Christ's name was fundamental for Christians - not "Jehovah":

(Isa. 62:2) ...a new name.....Jehovah’s own mouth will designate. (see Acts 11:26)

(Matthew 5:11) “Happy are you when people reproach you and persecute you and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against you for my sake.

(Matthew 10:22) And you will be hated by all people on account of my name,......

(Matthew 18:20) For where there are two or three gathered together in my name,....

(Matthew 19:29) .......for the sake of my name......will inherit everlasting life.

(Matthew 24:9) .......and you will be hated by all the nations on account of my name.

(Luke 10:17) “...even the demons are made subject to us by the use of your name.”

(Luke 21:12) ......brought before kings and governors for the sake of my name.

(Luke 21:16, 17) .......and you will be hated by all people because of my name.

(John 2:23) .....many people put their faith in his (Jesus') name........

(John 5:27, 28) .....in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice..

(John 14:26) But the helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name,

(John 15:16) ......no matter what you ask the Father in my name,

(John 20:31) ...Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and because of believing, you may have life by means of his name.

(Acts 2:38) Repent, and let each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ

(Acts 3:6) In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, walk!”

(Acts 4:10) .....in the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene,

(Acts 5:40) . . .and ordered them to stop speaking on the basis of Jesus’ name.

(Acts 5:41) ....counted worthy to be dishonored in behalf of his [Jesus'] name.

(Acts 9:14-16) .....all those calling on your name.....he must suffer for my name.”

(Acts 10:48) .....he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

(Acts 11:26) ..........the disciples were by divine providence called Christians.

(Acts 16:18) “I order you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.”

(Acts 19:5) On hearing this, they got baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

(Acts 21:13) Rest assured, I am ready not only to be bound but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus...... (not God's name)

(Acts 22:16) ....get baptized, and wash your sins away by your calling on his name.’

(1 Corinthians 6:11) ...been declared righteous in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

(2 Corinthians 5:15) .....no longer for themselves, but for him who died for them.

(Philippians 2:10) .....so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend......

(Hebrews 13:15) Through him (Jesus) let us always offer to God a sacrifice of praise, that is, the fruit of our lips that make public declaration to his name.*

(1 John 5:13) I write you these things so that you may know that you have life everlasting, you who put your faith in the name of the Son of God.

(Revelation 2:3) ....and you have borne up for my name’s sake...

(Revelation 2:13) ......and yet you keep on holding fast my name,. . .

*The name of Jesus was to be "publicly declared." See 27 "witness" scriptures and Romans 10:9 - “For if you publicly declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved.”

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Excellent list Bman

Nowhere in the New Testament are Christians called to be witnesses of Jehovah.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

"Where can you find Jesus' witnesses?"

...You can find Jesus' witnesses scattered: "The hired man, who is not a shepherd and to whom the sheep do not belong, sees the wolf coming and abandons the sheep and flees—and the wolf snatches them and scatters them— because he is a hired man and does not care for the sheep."

...You can find Jesus' witnesses sprinkled among congregations of people who claim to follow Christ, which includes even congregations of various sectarian beliefs (like Jehovah's Witnesses or other sects or other churches of Christendom): "By inspiration I came to be in the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a strong voice like that of a trumpet, saying: “What you see, write in a scroll and send it to the seven congregations: in Ephʹe·sus, in Smyrʹna, in Perʹga·mum, in Thy·a·tiʹra, in Sarʹdis, in Philadelphia, and in La·o·di·ceʹa."

...You can find Jesus' witnesses spread out over different parts of the earth, some isolated from other Christians: "And he will send out his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity." (Matthew 24:31)

...Jesus' witnesses will soon be more easily identified when the religious institutions and Pharisaical elements are removed: "The harvest is a conclusion of a system of things, and the reapers are angels. Therefore, just as the weeds are collected and burned with fire, so it will be in the conclusion of the system of things. The Son of man will send his angels, and they will collect out from his Kingdom all things that cause stumbling and people who practice lawlessness, and they will pitch them into the fiery furnace. There is where their weeping and the gnashing of their teeth will be. At that time the righteous ones will shine as brightly as the sun in the Kingdom of their Father. Let the one who has ears listen."

Jesus knows where we all are, Kosonen.🙂 No worries!

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz
    When at the time of the end the whole world will follow the Antichrist or the beast a specific group of Christians will be assigned to carry the witnessing for Jesus, they are also the ones that will preach the good news of the kingdom and then the end will come Matthew 24:14
  • EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Amen, RaymondFrantz!☺️💖

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Look how the book of Revelation speaks of these 2 men as Witnesses too.

In Revelation 11:3–12 is a description of two individuals who will help accomplish God’s work during the tribulation: “I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth” (verse 3). Nowhere does the Bible identify these two witnesses by name, although people through the years have speculated.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Revelation 11 shows that the "two witnesses" won't be identifiable by people in general until after the great tribulation begins.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

I am also interested to see the fulfillment of the two witnesses of Revelation 11.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit