When is a theory 'just a theory'?

by HB 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HB
    HB

When I posted the BBC article in the OP, I didn't stop to consider that it might spark a debate, I merely thought it might be of mild interest to anyone who was interesdted in the origin of words.

However having just read through the thread, I'm very glad it has developed into a debate.

Those who claim evolution is "just a theory" (using that word in the colloquial, every day sense of 'an unproven assumption') are doing a great job of helping to demonstrate to anyone who has an open mind but is on the fence about creation, that evolution is indeed a fact.

Fisherman:

Following on from posts above, I would sincerely be interested if you could answer the following question:

WHAT WOULD ACTUALLY BE SUFFICIENT EVIDENCE FOR YOU TO ACCEPT EVOLUTION AS A FACT?

Can you specify precisely what practical 'proofs' or visible evidence that you would require to be demonstated to you that would mean you had no option but to change your mind?

I am referring to realistic evidence; if you could live forever, you would, over the span of millions of years, be able to see in person evolution occurring in man and primates, but that's not a feasible way for the process to be demostrated here and now.

Or is there in fact nothing that any mere mortal could tell or show you that would convince you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit