Searching for those who "know" TTAT

by EyesOpenHeartBroken 16 Replies latest jw friends

• EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken

Does anybody have any tips for conversation starters to covertly feel out someone in the cong that you suspect is a "knower" about TTAT?

Any success or experiences to share?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Next time you go to your meeting before you go in look for the biggest rock you can find and say hello, the rock probably knows more ttatt then anyone in side.
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

There really is no way of knowing by looking at someone. The way I can personally tell is by engaging different people with different topics and start mentioning things like 'new light' and arrangements that seem odd, etc. and then ask for their opinion. Of course if the person you are talking to is a die-hard JW they may turn you in but if they respect you enough to keep the convo to themselves then go ahead and give it a whirl.

I've never encountered someone who directly said something contrary to the newest teachings or arrangements. But I know of some brothers by having talked with them that they have reservations regarding certain arrangements and teachings.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

There is someone at my hall that I think may be awake. I have been toying with this idea. Text him

"do you know ttatt"

i would then immediately follow that with another text

"sorry dang auto correct. Did you know that so and so is coming to town for a concert"

If they didn't know ttatt they wouldn't give two thoughts to it

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    "Recently I Googled JW and came upon a web site called JWfacts, boy there's information there that was startling !"
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Ignoranceisbliss, you might want to give some time for a response to you in case the person you email recognizes the phrase. Otherwise you might confuse him.

If he answers back with a confused huh then leave it at that. If he doesn't answer back also leave it.

BTW, welcome EyesOpen.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Look for anyone wearing bright socks.

Doc

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Conversation starter:

Here's one:

How is it that we refuse to baptize military personnel and those holding political office while the apostles and first century Christians seemed free to do so? (Acts 10 Cornelius and friends); (Acts 8 the Ethiopian finance minister with great authority)

• janusfulcrum
    janusfulcrum
    Hey, I've been meaning to ask you, Do you know Simon? Later, followed by "oops, I meant Sandy (or another S name)" if the person doesn't respond or says Simon who? Dang autocorrect....
  • johnna colins
    johnna colins
    I will say my father, very devout, noticed brother who was saying heavenly father in his cong instead of so called devine name. Maybe thats something to look at.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit