Healing

by compound complex 23 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

I feel an unfamiliar restlessness in my lower body.

Too long have I been confined to my sickbed; my mind and heart coax me arise and gaze upon the world outside. It is no longer a matter of fighting long-entrenched despair. A power beyond all that is humanly possible -- even in the most extraordinary of circumstances -- seizes hold of atrophy and regenerates what was once officially declared dead. In spite of myself, I arise from my imprisoning bed and, as if it were a completely normal occurrence, glide over to the French doors. I do not touch the handles, yet, in the manner of a dream, both doors open before me.

On the balcony, I gaze upon a magnificence of terrene beauty, so long unobserved, so long forgotten. My mind does not question the why, the wherefore, nor the how. My heart says I must follow whatever direction is put upon me.

I return to my room and look into the full-length mirror. I see only myself, no reflection of the room at all. Tall and erect, I stand as though in vibrant and athletic youth. Now, however, it is as an assured, mature man. Radiant. Smiling. Possessed, so it would seem, by an inner confidence emanating from my every pore.

Behind me I sense a warm and comforting presence. The aura surrounding me does not compete with my inner glow but interplays with it, creating a show of light, not of spectacular brilliance, but of undulating waves of luminescence . . .

I am alive . . . once more. . . .

• talesin
    talesin

Read it.

Closed my eyes and felt it.

Reread it.

Closed my eyes and felt the "undulating waves of luminescence" washing over me.

That was uplifting, dear CoCo.   Empowering.

Merci!

• EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken
    Your writing is a treat for the soul. I appreciate and admire that you can share these vulnerable glimpses of yourself. I have enjoyed your other pieces as well. Thank you!
  • wozza
    wozza

I want some of that

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Tal, EyesOpenHeartBroke, and Wozza:

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Reading about a famous artist's sorrowful tale of unrequited love, I was struck by the author's reference to grief being transmuted into art. Whatever our loss or our sorrow, life's experiences can be turned into something positive.

With love and gratitude,

CoCo

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

Love it !

Needed that too !

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, ZAPPA-ESQUE!

Likewise -- I needed it!

Blessings.

CC

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif

glide over to the French doors. I do not touch the handles, yet, in the manner of a dream, both doors open before me.

These words describe my inner thoughts/feelings exactly. So much awakening in me lately I'm actually overwhelmed at my creative side that's developing. It's exciting.

Thanks CC.

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif
    Oops. Quote highlight failure. Soz.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

A thing of beauty is a joy forever...

Thank you for reminding me CoCo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit