How long does it take to get a response from the branch office?

by Homer notsimpson 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Homer notsimpson
    Homer notsimpson

Does any one have any experience with writing to the branch office? I know they're busy, but while reading through the Shepherd textbook, it says to write to them quite a few times. So if a body of elders write to the branch office, whats the usual wait time for a response?

• btlc
    btlc

Depends on matter, probably. When i sent a letter 15y ago (as individual) it took almost 3 months to get an answer (it came via local congregation, cc to my elders to annoy me). Maybe letters sent by body of elders have higher priority.

• Homer notsimpson
    Homer notsimpson
    Thank you for your input .. But how would they know if it's from a boe? And is it fast if it relates to a judicial issue?( like if the elders seek guidance on whether or not such offense merits a judicial committee) that sort of thing
  • Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Is there not a secure messaging g service for congs?

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

'... Does any one have any experience with writing to the branch office? ...is it fast...? '

1 - I have a large amount of money to donate to the Society. Where do I send it?

Response time - 37 minutes.

2 -I am having trouble understanding a scripture. Can you explain it to me?

Response time - 6 - 8 months.

3 - The kingdom hall I have attended for the last 20 years was sold and now it is a meeting place for Pentecostals. Can you explain how this Kingdom Hall could be dedicated to Jehovah God and now is used by Babylon the Great?

Response time - 3 - 4 decades. Unless of course you count the judicial committee that will be visiting you the next day.

• Homer notsimpson
    Homer notsimpson

Hahahahahaha... I ask cuz of my brother throwing hypotheticals at me, hes freaking out over it.. Soo jokes aside judicial cases do guarantee fast replies?

• St George of England
    St George of England

About 5 years ago I wrote to London Bethel (cc COBE) on a doctrinal matter. It took almost 3 months to get a reply and when I did it was obvious that whoever replied hadn't got a clue what he was talking about.

The COBE suggested I write to Brooklyn, which I did and got a reply, sent via London Bethel in about 4 weeks. whoever wrote this letter knew the problem but ended his reply in the most patronising manner, "the GB have led us for decades... and we should always trust their direction."

George

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

How long does it take to get a response from the branch office?

Several overlapping generations.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

A serious answer is that it depends what you're writing about,

They suggest from time to time not to bother them personally but to

go through your local congregation,

When the elders need something 'urgently" they can even call,

Anything that could be a legal problem they're ENCOURAGED to call,

I know David Splane's secretary will answer

I'm sure she'd enjoy your call,

:)

• blondie
    blondie

The branch office will not answer you directly unless you have personal contacts. Instead they will send a copy of the letter to the BOE in your congregation to develop a response and have them contact you to discuss it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit