Has Anyone ever turned down to be on the Governing Body?

by Iamallcool 21 Replies latest jw friends

• waton
    waton
    To keep climbing the ladder, you must progressively sell your soul, a little at a time, the higher you go.
    By the time you get to the point where you might possibly be in contention for consideration on the GB, you have long ago abandoned anything resembling a conscience.S82.

Must have shown the right amount of submissiveness and cockiness to those that make the decisions.

While I rubbed shoulders with most of the names of the list in the past, and some even present, gave up on the climb after the "superior authorities" flip-flop. It was then that I was asked to take on the job of a circuit "servant", and declined, because I could not see abandoning my life into that wt straight jacket. Even though it came with the promise of never having to have money worries again (did not have anyway). Wt had lost it's claim to having the "truth" right there and then with that double reversal.

Blondie: good point about Covington, a dedicated drinker. Just a sip a year more would have been hardly appealing to him!! and that is what kept him from the next level of prospective levitation heavenward.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ Drearyweather:

Franz, Chitty and Greenlees were forced to "resign". lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit