Please Pray for me. Struggling very hard with an issue.

by GodsWill1 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• millie210
    millie210

Hi GW1,

If this is a 12 year relationship and he is drinking heavily then you need the right tools to carve out some changes.

Isnt that what God would want you to do? Have you heard the saying "God helps those who help themselves"?

People can help some with ideas also.

Here is a good idea for you because I would like to help you.

Go to Al-anon

http://al-anon.org/

They will give you the tools you need.

After you attend a meeting, people will be able to help you even more. I wish you much success.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

12 years is a long time. Was he always a drinker? Do you love him? Are you only now looking to dump him because you want to pursue a new life in the new found religion?

There is help for those with drinking problems. As has already been said you should talk to him about it and demand he get help to quit. If you love him, stick around to support him. If you don't then the ball is in your court.

No religion should put you in a position where you think you need to leave your loved ones. Ask yourself what would Jesus do? He was kind and merciful and showed love for those in need.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Sister GodsWill,

Yes, its time.

I have no doubt that God is leading you to end this relationship. He has put it in your mind and heart to leave and will guide you in paths of righteousness. I will pray for you.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

GodsWill,1, whatever issues you are trying to cope with three issues you need to come to terms with if you are going to make progress with them are; there are no demons, there is no god, and no amount of praying is going to help you, let me know how you get on, your thinking is stuck in the Dark Ages, try moving into the 21st century

• zeb
    zeb

GW1.

Hi contact the AA organisation they have all 'been there done that'. See your doctor too. Alcohol abuse has many roots to its cause. best wishes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit