Please Pray for me. Struggling very hard with an issue.

by GodsWill1 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• GodsWill1
    GodsWill1

I’ve been struggling to end a long-term relationship of 12 years that needs to end. I came to the truth after I met him, and we never married. I want to get married, but this man I’m with in not for me. He is drinking heavy, almost everyday, and may be under demonic influence while he drinks, resulting in a stressful situation for me when he drinks.

There is lots more to the story, but really all that matters is that God ends this relationship permanently once and for all, so I can finally move on and get married to a God-fearing man who is the perfect match and life partner for me.

Please pray for me.

I'm also looking for a female roommate, if you have, or know of someone that has a space or room for rent, let me know.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

may be under demonic influence while he drinks

Ah there is no such thing as demonic influence but people are known to react differently to alcohol consumption, mostly not very good.

And praying isn't going to effectuate your problem.

Tell him you think he drinks too much and when he does he gets stupid and abusive as well unpredictable.

Confront him directly with the problem and give him an ultimatum that if he doesn't stop over drinking , that your going to leave him.

That should produce more results than praying I'm sure.

• sir82
    sir82

all that matters is that God ends this relationship permanently once and for all

Why do you have to wait for God to step in?

Can't you, oh I don't know, end the relationship yourself?

God is evidently so busy that he ignores thousands of murders, rapes, and assaults, ignores millions of starving children, ignores natural disasters which kill thousands....so busy that he doesn't do anything about any of those issues....

And yet you're hoping he'll find the time and/or interest to do something that you are unwilling to do yourself?

I suspect you'll be waiting for "God to end this relationship" for quite a while.

Good luck. It sounds like you'll need it.

• Listener
    Listener

I know of someone who has a room to let but I imagine it might be a long way from you and you would need a passport and visa.

Let me guess, you live somewhere in the USA.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Get a duck.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Why do you have to wait for God to step in? Can't you, oh I don't know, end the relationship yourself?

Just get the fuck outta there.

Sounds to me like you're in a bit of a co-dependent situation. See a counselor. Time to be accountable to yourself and quit depending on others.

BTW -- quit trying to blame the "demons" on your problems. They've got bigger fish to fry.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

hello god swill 1.

are you a baptised jw ?

• Moster
    Moster

I was in a relationship with an alcoholic for 8 years. It does not get better on it's own. Many black outs and hitting, punching and screaming were endured. It is the booze not demons. Unless you consider the phase "demon rum" in which case you now know where the phrase comes from. My ex eventually went to AA and got clean, after we broke up - only to go back to the booze and then eventually drunk themselves into an early grave, at age 50.

There is no magic fix, you cant pray the addiction away. YOU need to get away and leave the problem with the addict.

• steve2
    steve2

Godswill1, sounds like a difficult situation. It’s not going to be easy for you to resolve it. Asking others to pray for you is a cop out from you taking personal responsibility for our life.

This is your life and your one big chance to step forward and actively take control - rather than hoping others will talk to an invisible entity on your behalf. Deal with reality as it is and draw upon your own resources, skills and practical help from others in your immediate community rather than clinging to superstitious nonsense about some god magically helping you.

• Simon
    Simon
    may be under demonic influence while he drinks

You'll do better in life if you live in the reality that actually exists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit