I got Fired!

by missylissy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• missylissy
    missylissy

Well, its official, ive been fired after working only 2 days. I got a job at wendys. Today, after school when i went in to work, the manager says she need to talk to me. She says, we made a mistake, you cant work here because you're under 16.

Thats it, no apology, no "im sorry" or anything. and it was THEIR mistake, not mine. they should be looking for these things, they even ASKED me the other day when my birthdate is, yet still somehow missed it.

im really pissed off!

-missy

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

You didn't get fired - you got un-hired!

Fired is a very different feeling - trust us on this one :)

So now you get to find the job you really like.

Did they hand you the paycheck right away? That's very important...

• gentlesoul
    gentlesoul

Yes they are required by law to pay you immediately after letting you go, also if you have your parents permission to work they can allow you to continue to work but that has to be in writting.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

They probably have a corporate policy. The manager is probably trying to conceal that the policy was violated due to a lack of math skills.

You want to make sure the mgr isn't trying to make the whole thing disappear.

• missylissy
    missylissy

they didnt pay me today, they said i could come get my check on thursday.

• tink
    tink

man some people are so shady. that sucks missy. i remember when i got my first job, i was barely seventeen, and according to the law here if you're under eighteen you need a signed authorization from your parents, and theyre not allowed to make you work more than four hours or past ..... nine oclock, i think, i might be wrong on that, on the weekdays or more than seven hours on the weekends. but i worked for gap, and that company is not exactly a shining example of ethical fortitude anyway, and not only did they never get a work permit from me but they used to schedule me to work seven hour days, past eleven oclock on weekdays and eleven hour days on the weekends. sucks that you don't have a job, but you'll be sixteen in a couple of months and that should make things easier for you. just dont work at gap. they'll take advantage of you and the pay sucks. ;)

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Well, its official, ive been fired after working only 2 days. I got a job at wendys.
    im really pissed off!

What made me mad is when Dave Thomas cacked, we didn't get an all-expenses paid trip to his funeral. Cheap bastard.

• sandy
    sandy

missy,

I am sorry to hear that. I hope you find a job soon.

Something about your post is so sweet. I guess I just miss being so young and innocent.

Enjoy being a teenager. I know it sucks to be a broke teenager. Hang in there. Good luck!

• shera
    shera

Huh!?

I'm confused,people in Nova Scotia can work now at 15.When I was working this yr,there was enough 15 yr olds.Have things changed again?

• shera
    shera

Opp,sorry Missy...

((((((Missy)))))) hope you can get another job soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit