What's your Phobia?

by ApagaLaLuz 74 Replies latest jw friends

• morty
    morty

OMG RAY!!!!!

I am the same way...Tornadoes....I always dream about being in them with my kids,and trying to take cover with them.....

I have even bought and read books about dreams and tornadoes.......They say it is because we have unsettled things in our lifes,

and there is always constent whirlwind in our lives..Bottem line, we are always on the move,and the wheels in our minds are always running.....BTW, are you a leo as well?

Morty

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

lol...Morty...no, I am right at the very end of Virgo, September 22cnd.

No tornado watches/warnings until late spring/early summer.

In case anyone thinks we don't get tornadoes up here in Canada: Canada ranks 2cnd to the U.S.A. in frequency.

Morty and a few other Canuck posters can tell you of some of the bad ones we have had. Too bad Rosalyn wasn't able to relate her 1979 Woodstock F3 tornado story. She told it to iiz2cool and I coming back from Detroit, pointing the very places where things 'used to be' and well...a few peoples lives were sadly taken that day.

Jgnat: (if you're reading this) were you in Edmonton back in July 1987? That one was (?) I think the second worst tornado disaster in Canadian history, just behind the Regina, SK. tornado of the early 1900s.

Anyways, Morty, I've seen funnel clouds and wicked storms in/around here and down in south western Ontario.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Heights, big time, I think because my sister fell off stairs and fractured her skull Fire, I think, because my sister caught on fire when I was a kid. I get seasick, so I have to use stuff for it, but that's not a phobia, but, I will not swim in water that I can't see the bottom in, either. That means open ocean water makes me nervous............probably also because I almost drowned when I was a kid.................so, I think that most phobias have a source..........mine are all events that happened during childhood. For a while I was so obsessive about fire when I was younger that I would wait til my parents went to bed, then I'd go check all the ashtrays and the stove and the furnace and the waterheater............we also had friends lose their house to a fire and of course it freaked everyone out, so, I had good reasons for being afraid. The wierd thing, tho, as I'm sitting here, thinking, is that even tho a German Police dog grabbed me by my hip when I was a kid and shook me, I'm not afraid of dogs, and I've fallen off horses more times than I can remember, but, I'm not afraid of them either. Also, I will climb trees, and ladders, but don't get me near a cliff..........

Terri

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Things I am NOT afraid of: needles, bees, dentists, rats or mice or any fuzzy mammals at all, I love them! Snakes, the non-poisonous variety....., bugs.....I think they are cool and I've been known to pick them up..........I like frogs and lizards too............being in the woods alone.........Czar, take my hand and let this native american find the trail! I'm not afraid of elevators anymore....................I can hide in a closet..............so, confined spaces don't necessarily frighten me................hmmmmmmmmmm, oh, I don't like going in Fun Houses that are pitch black, I do have a slight fear of the dark, but not like I used to when I was a Dub..........ya never know if there's a demon in there somewhere..........for the longest time I was afraid of men who were drunk..........thanks to good ole dad and his violent drunken episodes, but, I'm not anymore...........

Terri

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I too have eaten the grossest foods. I also don?t get sea sick. I don?t have a fear of heights, or the dark, or the afterlife, or spiders, BUT I DO NOT LIKE snakes,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit