Curious to know the Zoom attendance figures for for the memorial

by joe134cd 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I’m just curious to know the local attendance figures for the memorial. My father told me they had an attendance of 140. Not flattering for a cong of 100 pubs. I was sort of surprised at this considering the quarantine measures and everyone being forced to stay at home. I thought it perhaps would of being bursting due to people just wanting something to do. Obviously I was wrong. So, what was it like in your area.

• alanv
    alanv

Any figures this year are not very likely to be accurate. I know the org still want those figures, but they wonr be able to do any bragging about increase this year. I suppose all they can say is that the memorial still went ahead world wide so that shows Jehooba is blessing his people lol

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Wonder if there will be a big increase in the number of partakers as we are in the last of the last of the last days (not sure if I missed a last)

• menrov
    menrov

The WT is only interested in numbers that support them, that make them shine. My company reports how many of our colleagues globally got infected, have died and that have recovered.

The WT never publishes anything like this, nor on a country level and not even on congregation level. They seem not to care who suffers and/or died.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They got nothing from me. I didn't even bother wasting the money on a camera so they can force me to waste time dressing up to sit at home watching a computer listening to Kingdumb s*** instead of Led Zeppelin.

• sir82
    sir82

Any attendance figures derived from "zoom" meetings are at best extraordinarily inaccurate, and probably little more than wild guesses.

Depending on what platform you are using zoom on, you can see only between 4 and 25 participants at a time.

Each "participant" (connected device) might have one, or 2, or 6, actual physical people watching & listening.

So for a meeting with say 200 "participants", you have to scroll between at least 8, maybe up to 50 screens, looking at postage-stamp size images & trying to count how many actual people you see.

Oh, did I mention that participants frequently "jump" across screens? You might be looking at gallery view screen 2, and by the time you get to screen 4, half the people who were on screen 2 are now on screen 4. Some of the ones who were on screen 4 are now on screen 3, or screen 6, or screen 1.

Not to mention all the participants who turn off the video camera of their own connection. So maybe there is one person there, or maybe 6 - you can't see it.

Oh yeah, there are also folks with outdated technology who can only listen to the zoom meeting, video does not work. How many of those are there? Who knows?

So if you hear that "we had 225 at our Memorial", trust that the actual count was probably somewhere between 120 and 180, and no one has any idea what the real number was.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

At my home, my spouse was on the zoom and they had her enter somewhere on the screen how many were there listening, so I think she entered 2 (I was around enough to count I guess). She said they later announced the count at something like 190 where they usually have 210-220 or so.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I'm guessing the organization will post over 100 million attended the memorial !!

• millie210
    millie210

They are covered either way. If its low they can say it was the unusual circumstances and then theorize about the "true" number. They will provide lots of anecdotal unprovable "experiences" sent in by publishers to back up their non-existant proof.

That will be good enough for most.

• caves
    caves

Didn't the jw site have the complete recorded memorial talk for many countries..... I just checked and its still up.

So cant they count the number of times anyone clicked on it as a "count" in addition to whatever the elders give?

Looks like they will be able to, like others have said "just make it up". Also I can see many of the jws listening to it dozens of times online. If they count the number of times for each 'watch" or 'click' then it should drive the numbers up.

Not sure if they can do this but seems like they could.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit