"Privileges"

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

The first time I grew a beard I was told i would be setting a bad example in the congregation and that I would be viewed spiritually weak and I could not progress in the "truth"

That occured within the first 10 years of my baptism.

The second time I grew a beard was when I was a MS about another 10 years later and after a few subtle hints that I didnt take notice of I was told i would lose my "privilege`s if I didnt remove it

As I was still committed I buckled again and did rmove it still thinking they had the "truth"

In 1993 I walked away grew my beard and its been with me ever since and its going to the grave or the furnace with me.

And I can live/die with that.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I only wish I had the privilege of doing fornication. That way, those other "privileges(??)" would disappear, along with the burdens. And no risk of having to do Israel. (That "privilege(??)" alone is enough to make me puke.)

Some other real privileges would include decorating the place for Christmas in November, getting Led Zeppelin IV or Physical Graffiti into the CD player and playing that instead of Kingdumb maladies, putting a blatantly Satanic web site on your tablet and looking at that during the program, or commenting that the whole Bible is a book of witchcraft intended to enslave the whole human race under joke-hova's "chosen ones". Or, getting on the wrong plane on purpose (or missing the flight on purpose) to get out of wasting your time doing that stupid Israel mission, whenever they are planning on doing that abomination in your area.

• minimus
    minimus

The bottom line is that they USE YOU!

• Londo111
    Londo111

A few years before I left, I became a low hour publisher. Field service was getting harder and harder for me in terms of anxiety. The elders took away “microphone privileges” to “encourage” me to pick up my hours. At the time, I found it more discouraging and did not help my anxiety or hours.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“WTWizard”: “I only wish I had the privilege of doing fornication.

LOL!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit