Bethel Lurkers-A woman's Heartfelt phonecall regarding the organisations inhumane shunning policy!

by UnshackleTheChains 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

I hope Bethel lurkers at Warwick listen to the rational viewpoint of this Australian woman in the recording below.

She virtually pleads with an Australian branch member as to the reasons why shunning is inhumane and how unfair it is that individuals are being held captive within the Watchtower organisation. They can't simply leave officially without the threat of being shunned by friends and family members.

Typically, the branch member responds in a robotic like manner, sticking rigidly to Watchtower policy.

https://youtu.be/sC_t60AX5k8

MESSAGE TO THE GOVERNING BODY.

PLEASE PUT AN END TO ALL YOUR HARMFUL POLICIES AND TEACHINGS.

SHOW CHRISTIAN LOVE BY LISTENING TO THE PLEAS OF YOUR MEMBERS; WELCOME CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK AND REVIEW SOME OF YOUR POLICIES AND TEACHINGS THAT ARE CAUSING SO MUCH SUFFERING AMONG THE MEMBERS.

END THE CONTROVERSIES THAT PLAGUE YOUR ORGANISATION.

UnshackleTheChains

• Confusedalot
    Confusedalot

If you have the truth, and Gods holy spirit you should not fear any information that is contrary to your own. You should not fear your members being exposed to false information, you should not fear members being exposed to apostates or ex members or worldly people, because the truth and spirit will always win. This is truth and love: Not being afraid!

Yet the GB tries to keep itself and its members isolated and controlled, under the pretense it is to keep them pure, while back at the ranch its because they know their lies will be exposed, and in their hearts they know their darkness wont survive in the light.

Its like a child grasping and closing their ears and going la la la la la, so they cant hear what your saying. Sad.

• venus
    venus

If this is the preview of Theocracy, who will like to be in paradise which is the reality?

In real theocracy, joy and delight would characterize everything and everybody.

In JW mode of theocracy, no freedom of speech; and freedom of speech is used, then shunning is the result. This is not theocracy.

• zeb
    zeb

Stuff me! she goes from one angle to another and back again did she know why she phoned in the first place?

1974 Wt. "each family must decide; Parent or grandparent has a natural right to visit their blood relatives and his offspring."

Then in Sept 1981 there was a flip flop of sorts but I don't have the details.

• Vidiot
  • UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    Stuff me! she goes from one angle to another and back again did she know why she phoned in the first place

Zeb

I think she got her point over quite clearly. Yes she rambled on a little. But it really highlighted her fears/impact if she did dissacociate. She expressed herself from the heart how unfair the shunning policy is.

For many of us (me and my mother included) who were proseletized when a witness showed up at our door, we were never informed of this policy when we were studying.

The woman in her phone call quite rightly highlighted that the organisation is a captive religion. No amount of rational reasoning seems to get through to the watchtower corporation as this phone call proved.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

They were exposed by their own writing department and one of their GB members in 1980 for teaching things that were not biblical. They inturn responded with there evil cult like policies. When you lie and teach lies you have to protect yourself by trashing those that expose you for who you really are.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Crazyguy...

Responding to the exposure of evil cult-like practicies...

...with even more evil cult-like practices...

Once again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Quote from Confused a lot:

If you have the truth, and Gods holy spirit you should not fear any information that is contrary to your own. You should not fear your members being exposed to false information, you should not fear members being exposed to apostates or ex members or worldly people, because the truth and spirit will always win. This is truth and love: Not being afraid!

Yet the GB tries to keep itself and its members isolated and controlled, under the pretense it is to keep them pure, while back at the ranch its because they know their lies will be exposed, and in their hearts they know their darkness wont survive in the light.

You've said that well; I'm sure that all exJws would agree. What puzzles me is that so few exJws go the additional step to finalize the statement; admitting that the WTBorg Cult Inc. does not serve the Almighty One but rather, serves The Adversary aka Satan the Devil.

Perhaps even after waking up the residual fears are so powerful that they prevent voicing the logical conclusion which is indeed scriptural.

The WTBorg Cult Inc. is truly a Satanic Cult. That is TTATT.

• zeb
    zeb

UTC; apologies. Many thanks for your clarifying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit