One scripture Jesus quoted that the Watchtower Society forgets to teach/apply

by RULES & REGULATIONS 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Unfortunately JWs are partaking in a tainted false Gospel created by the WTS. publishing house thereby making themselves apostate false prophets opposed to Jesus's instructions for preaching his New Kingdom.

• LV101
    LV101

WT cult's motto is: Give us all your possessions - cash, jewelry, land and follow everything we say -- nothing about helping/giving to the underprivileged, poor. Their charity = dragged into the back by elders requesting handouts (checks/cash) for lazy in-circle pioneers.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

They also don’t preach the good news of the Kingdom, the good news is described at 1corithians chapter 15 and they also do what jesus said not to do. They judge they exalt themselves they say the end is near, they show no love for their enemies or their neighbors, they ingnore the prodigal son parable etc etc etc

• Good JW
    Good JW

I feel the issue is not so much just what the JWs teach per ce, but which parts of the bible is focussed on most. Lets face it, the bible simply doesn't harmonise with itself, therefore it NEEDS to be cherry picked in some form or another.

Examples:

"Eye for an eye" presumably signifies God's sense of justice as this law was given to his covenant people - that is, people who were meant to be exemplary in holding onto his high spiritual standards. This is later contradicted by the admonition to "turn the other cheek". I've heard the cop outs in this matter (e.g. civil law vs individual spirituality), and they simply don't fly. The over-riding theme being vengeance vs forgiveness in the same situation (the old vs the new way of thinking).

That's just scratching the surface.

There's no wonder there's so much confusion and disagreement in Christendom - it mostly boils down to personal taste. What this says about WT is they're more interested in perpetuating matters of self interest, with the odd nice thing peppered in (and old worn out fundamental theological lines of reasoning from the past like "no hell, no soul, paradise earth" blah blah blah). They're always right no matter what. Others rich? That's because of materialism. The same rule doesn't apply to them. Others are in a dire situation? That's because they never put Jehovah first, or they haven't gotten the kingdom message yet.

While some Christian denominations focus on more positive aspects of the bible, the JWs will be keen to highlight others.

e.g. 1 Corinthians 5:11-13 Advises the congregation to expel an alcoholic, and not even eat with them. This the JW org gladly does (even people with mental illnesses are cast aside as a lost cause instead of given the proper help). Most Christians these days (who aren't brainwashed) would have more compassion and see that the matter is not always so simple.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Did you see the guy with the beard in the one photo? LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit